How do you handle failure?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by chasinfla, May 4, 2004.

1. someone I respect once said "if I fear it I do it."

obviously not to be taken to a foolish extreme.

#21     May 7, 2004
  2. I second that.

" I'm not a crook"

#22     May 13, 2004
  3. Anything wrong with the 1970's?

#23     May 13, 2004
  4. Disco, Leisure Suits, avocado green and harvest gold and Nixon and Carter to name a few.

OTO, back to the question of failure, it depends on what you consider a faiure.

In my trading a trade that loses money that is part of my trading plan is just another trade, since the plan has about 55% losers.
    If I place the trade and take the exit my plan calls for I look at winners and losers the same way

DS

#24     May 13, 2004
  5. do we really want to go there? how about 8-tracks. Big hair. glam rock. the "in between" generation.

#25     May 13, 2004
  6. Baruch,

It's entertaining to read all the various rememberences of the 1970's.

What I recall about those seminars was that they preached "Positive Thinking", just for the sake of, "Positive Thinking".

This headline has grown old here in America about the science of "Positive Thinking".

I would rather like to think that the more sophisticated trader has evolved into taking a more realistic view and has a TRUE basis for "Positive Thinking".

Michael B.

P.S. Now I expect a meaningful discourse from you Baruch rather than your one line comments, ok? I have observed your posting history and have noted what you do frequently with those one-liners.

#26     May 13, 2004
  7. Well, maybe you are right. The sixties was better.

#27     May 13, 2004
  8. In the past, with overleveraged trading and very emotionally, but now by trading less and better money management. Losing trades don't bother me as much anymore, except when I deviate from good risk management.

#28     May 13, 2004
  9. sounds like scratch to win lottery ticket.

#29     May 14, 2004
  10. What's wrong with one-liners? But for you, I make a two-liners: Make it simple (and short), Michael.

#30     May 14, 2004