How do you handle failure?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by chasinfla, May 4, 2004.

1. I eat it. Once digested, it becomes the raw material for success.

2. feel and internalize the PAIN.

what doesn't kill you just makes you stronger.

3. in this case, i would say "with gloves"..

-qwik

4. 40Deuce

40Deuce

W- win
    S- scratch
    L- learn

no such thing as losses if you have the l-t approach

5. Failure is not an option

6. omcate

omcate

IMHO:

Everyone makes mistakes. But not everyone can learn from his/her mistakes. Some people just keep on repeating the same mistakes again and again. These are called LOSERS.:mad:

Only a few can learn from other people's mistakes, and are able to seek victories from defeats. Those are WINNERS.:p

7. I am reminded of the clinical term used to describe the typical stages of the grieving process. For me, losing at trading can be as emotional as losing a physical object (or person). The letters are DABDA.

Denial: this isn't happening to me (again).
    Anger: how could this happen, I should know better, what an idiot I am!
    Bargaining: maybe it was just a mistake, maybe they'll bust the trade (LOL).
    Depression: I lost again, I'm a failure, I need to quit trading and get a "real" job.
    Acceptance: I screwed up again, what can I learn from this, and how can I avoid repeating the same mistake?

I am not always aware of this process as it is taking place, but usually see the stages in hindsight. When I suffer an especially tough loss, which does happen occasionally, I try to allow myself to go through this "grieving" process. As they say in AA, "This too shall pass."

8. I bend her over and stick my fist up her arse

9. Mecro

Mecro

I punish myself

I have made a personal torture chamber from my closet.

10. agrau

agrau

I like this one:

"A man is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits." -- Richard Nixon

#10     May 5, 2004