How do you guys play multiple resistance?

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by cashclay, Jun 12, 2018.

1. cashclay

cashclay

If there is news out and then theres resistance at .03,.10, .26 cents above the price would you wait until it cleared all of those resistances or would you just play it given the earnings report or fda approval?

2. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

IMO, when you get material news from earnings or the FDA, I can make a case for old resistance levels being on a different stock and they won' t apply. Just my opinion.

Bob

murray t turtle likes this.
  3. qxr1011

qxr1011

====How do you guys play multiple resistance?===

listen man

u asking a lot of questions, questions answers to which are fundamental in trading methodology

and you expect to get real workable usable answers?

one thing i can tell you - separate fundamentals form technicals: news from resistance, etc

one either invest or trade

4. Turveyd

Turveyd

Trend trumps S/R keep it simple, enter with trend, S/R fails too often as its generally counter trend.

murray t turtle, comagnum and treeman like this.
  5. cmon' qxr...please list step by step how you trade.:rolleyes:

6. qxr1011

qxr1011

even if i would do that it will take to write a book , not a post

people here asking so serious questions... probably without real understanding that the serious answers to those questions, the answer that would really answer them are just impossible to write

not talking about the fact that the really truthful answers will never be given

these are the questions to which trader has to find answers himself... and if he will - he will keep them to himself

ElectricSavant likes this.
  7. %%
    Well since a good trend, will tend to,will go thru all those;
    really need much more info for the best answer. But Bioteck/FDA are the most wild ones even if they move max %%, UP + down LOL. BUT ,IBD has a good rule; ''don't quibble over a quarter[ $0.25] + miss the move.'' He later updated it to ''decimal eqiv...'' But the original rule is still great one;''' dont quibble over a quarter + miss the move.'' Average daily range can also help with clues. [JULY-SEPT can be weakest quarter of the year]