How do you guys not kill your eyes?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by AyeYo, Aug 10, 2009.

1. AyeYo

AyeYo

Darker charts work great. I changed all my charts to black or grey, and made the programs themselves as dark themed as possible, and the difference is tremendous. Thanks for the tip.

The pain of a white background is glaringly obvious now whenever I open IE. Oh well, that's more incentive to stop playing online and go back to trading.

Thanks guys. :cool:

#11     Aug 10, 2009
  2. gaj

gaj

i use:

(2) 24" flat screen monitors (although 2 19" worked as well)

the major, HUGE difference in my eyes occurred when i moved to the new flat screens, back about 6 or 7 years ago. i used to have to take a couple minute break after working for an hour, not any more.

my daytrading setup:

my monitors are about 40" from my eyes.

i have a generic light blue background with no pictures, etc. on my XP platform. i've tried to make the fonts large enough so i never have to squint, and don't have lots of graphs open (only 2 at a time, though i will often switch which stock i'm charting).

if i work a long (and stress-intensive) day, my eyes will feel tired, but they get refreshed about 10-15 minutes away from the computer.

EDIT: my realtick is ONLY colored for level 2. other than that, it's black and white.

#12     Aug 10, 2009
  3. AyeYo

AyeYo

I have a small account. I only do 1-2 trades per day (although I'm currently practicing forex to keep me a little busier). Most of my time is spent scanning around and waiting to find an opportunity/entry on something. I try to find solid, textbook setups because commission would eat me alive if I did the buy all support/sell all resistance and let the stops fly thing. Once I'm in, I set buy/sell stops as needed and go to work.

#13     Aug 10, 2009
  4. In case you are working outside in the sun, I would think a screen with light colors instead of dark , would be better because there is less "contrast" between your screen and the background ?

#14     Aug 10, 2009
  5. jjf

jjf

carrots ..... eat plenty of carrots
    jjf

#15     Aug 10, 2009
  6. ammo

ammo

and 3000 mg of fish oil

#16     Aug 10, 2009
  7. I've always heard "jerkin' off" too much could cause one to go blind... is that a form of "eye strain"?... if so, well, you know.......

#17     Aug 10, 2009
  8. jjf

jjf

looks like we have helped him out.
    I wish all ET questions were this easy.

jjf

#18     Aug 10, 2009
  9. dtan1e

dtan1e

make many trips to the loo

#19     Aug 10, 2009
  10. AyeYo

AyeYo

It's a rare day when anything on the intrawebz goes easy - I'm surprised myself, but appreciate the help nonetheless. Drinks for all. :p

#20     Aug 10, 2009