How do you guys heal from a bad week from the market.

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by exaltedangel09, Oct 23, 2009.

1. Wilt

Wilt

Engorge yourself with sweets.

#11     Oct 23, 2009
  2. clooch

clooch

Expect it, Plan for it, understand it......and go on. No big deal. Losing is part of the game

#12     Oct 23, 2009
  3. Friday night: Fuck, eat, fuck, party, extra vitamins, water and V8 Fusion.
    Saturday: Flying, fishing and working out hard, extra vitamins, water and V8 Fusion.
    Sunday: Repeat Friday (no booze), add whole body massage, extra vitamins, water and V8 Fusion. Early to bed.
    Monday: Forget last week. It's gone.

Never had a bad week from the market, only from the errors of my own finger on the mouse. Don't ever punish yourself, it is counter-productive to profit.

#13     Oct 24, 2009
  4. Take a step back... take a walk in the aprk...
    get some rest... and most importantly clear your head.

the key in the game is patience... it really is a virtue.

The most common mistake is for a trader to jump right back in and get aggressive when they had a bad loss... their not thinking straight...

there are trading opportunities everyday... wait, be patient, and pick your spot.

#14     Oct 24, 2009
  5. gaj

gaj

if i have a bad day because of forcing things, putting on too much size, etc. i take the next day off.

if i have several days which cumulatively add up to the stuff above, i take the next day off.

i generally get those 2 days of head-clearing with the weekend, so i don't like taking monday off. however, i've learned to be extra patient - if i get antsy, i can get myself in a bigger hole.

so after a bad week, i try to use the weekend to clear my head. but during the week, i might take a day off or something

#15     Oct 24, 2009
  6. the first few years i traded if i had a bad day i'd buy myself a present. i mean if you just lost a few thousand, whats another couple hundred on top and if you are on your way to broke you my as well have some fun on the way. after i had established to myself i was a winning trader, i no longer was phased by losses and stopped bothering with such games.

#16     Oct 24, 2009
  7. Its obvious that the author of this post has no business plan for his trading.

If he had a plan, and encountered a loss beyond his expectations, he would adjust his business plan for trading that type of asset class.

#17     Oct 24, 2009