how do you guys config your IB trading layout?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Jason11111111, Apr 30, 2019.

1. how do you guys config your IB trading layout?
    would be great if you guys censor your details and upload image and explain why(optional) ?

2. I try to avoid using IB but if I have to, I just use their standard layouts since investing any more time into their garbage UI will likely not be helpful for me.

comagnum and Onra like this.
  3. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

There area as many IB TWS/Mosaic set-ups as there are traders.
    Spend the first 2-3 years finding out how to match your set-up to your trading.
    Save set-ups AND take screen-shots.
    Tweak quarterly. Save again.

4. ZBZB

ZBZB

Right click on the tabs at the bottom left and copy your layout and then change the times or anything you like on the copy and then rename it. Have a quote box linked to a chart window so you can quickly scan through a group of symbols.

5. El_Cubano

El_Cubano

Attached a screenshot of my desktop. 2 4k monitors and an Ipad.
    Left monitor are two separate trading "groups" or "montages" if you will. So I can manage 2 positions at once. Each group has Daily, 15min, 5min, 1 min charts, Time and sales and lvl 2 and order entry window even though I mostly use hotkeys.

On right monitor is just a group of 16 1min charts that are my stocks on watch for the day.

On the bottom Ipad are just charts of the SPY and QQQ as well as my watchlist and Ac tivity window to track and mange my positions.

As you can see I have all the windows torn off and dont use the IB "main window" as it has a lot of wasted space. Only have it up when scanning and reading news.

People complain about TWS...but if you spend the time to just configure it and setup your hotkeys its pretty solid. Not perfect by any means...but no platform is.

zdave83 likes this.