How do you get short this China Bubble

Discussion in 'Economics' started by stock777, May 13, 2007.

1. jasonjm

jasonjm

can anyone overlay the shanghai SSE against the nasdaq to see a comparison?

#11     May 14, 2007
  2. Wednesday, May 16, 2007 1:28:00 PM

20:28 San Francisco, May 16. The HK Standard reports in Thursday"s edition that institutions may now be cashing out of the Chinese stock market with qualified foreign institutional investors not using their mainland stock quota for the first time since the scheme was launched. The report says that institutions think that China"s stocks are overvalued and that investors are worried over high valuations. The comments come in the wake of ongoing concerns over a bubble in China stocks. China"s stocks fell 4% on Tuesday on fears that China will tighten to curb speculation but also with funds seen flowing out of China on the news that China lifted the level of allowable overseas investment on Friday. Any pullback in China stocks remains a risk to carry trades, particularly in the wake of today"s sharp EUR/JPY pullback.
    Rhonda Staskow All rights reserved. Thomson Financial LLC and its affiliates are referred to below as .Thomson..

#12     May 16, 2007
  3. curt504

curt504

Thanks for that last post about foreign institutions not usinng all of their quota.

Any data, URLs, distribution volume?

- What's folks view on what happens when the yuan is floated in a few weeks? I read this yesterday, but no date. I read today about the Chinese banking head was talking about floating...

Any thoughts?

tnx curt

#13     May 16, 2007
  4. I have bloomberg and IFRMarkets, but I haven't run across any hard-data. Watch the GBPJPY and USDJPY for any hiccups.

#14     May 16, 2007
  5. It may not be a bubble.

#15     May 16, 2007
  6. m22au

m22au