How do you get rid of the "ego"

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by bat1, Jun 8, 2012.

1. hey man, I'm serious, my post was edited, so you aren't really replying to my post. I sent ET an email complaint. If you don't like my post, delete the whole thing, but don't edit it, otherwise, good guys like newwurldmn think they are carrying on a conversation with me

good luck, see you on another forum, but I am outta here

#31     Jun 10, 2012
  2. Try setting automatic bracket orders, that way you hit the button and your plan goes to work.

#32     Jun 10, 2012
  3. bat1

bat1

Good stuff

I read this everyday

#33     Jun 16, 2012
  4. ===========
    BatTrend 1;
    another way to look at that same problem.

Its laziness;
    study enough charts, enough years, you know even a high probability system [say 80%, not saying you can do that hi];
    could be wrong 5 or 6 months in a row.

So stop being so kind to yourself by blamng it on a male ego;
    laziness is much less cool than ego.Cool
    Hope this helps.

Or put it another way-Benard Baruch said ''losses equals laziness'':cool:

#34     Jun 19, 2012
  5. I do not think confirmation is the right thing.

what I learned is:
    do not try to make sure. make a judgement, and do it.

as for loss cutting, do not listen to some guys say you must cut loss. listen to yourself, jude whether you should or not. I do not cut loss. 99.99% time I am just the timing is a little bit early.

cut loss does not mean you are professional. just mean you are robotic. as a matter of fact, the market presents lots of loss cutting opportunities, think it just as traps or teasing.

if everyone cut loss, you do not, then you have an edge. I know those days lots of computer algo tradings there, they are the frequent loss cutters. never follow the computers, you can beat them easily. they are fast, you play slow. they are systematic, you play discreationary. you will have fun.

at the begging of my trading, i did quite well. then I want to trade more professionally, you knw what I stumble. so i back to what I am good at, pretty happy about my discretionary trading.

occasinally i do some averaging down trading, not exceed my risk limit. I do not use margin, so I do not need be afraid of margin calls. I trade OTM options. the strategy is the simplest, buy the cheapest options, either call/put at the moment. if I lose, I let it worthless.

buy low sell high, the secret most people forget

#35     Jun 20, 2012
  6. That's a clown question, bro.

#36     Jun 20, 2012
  7. ammo

ammo

if you don't have inside info, you are an idiot on the tree of most wins, most losses,you can't get that info so except the idiot hat, ego gone,learn how to read outside info ,your still an idiot,just one of the smart ones, remember the mantra, i'm an idiot,the jaime dimones with the inside and still losng, they have the ego problem,you don't have enough info to have that problem

#37     Jun 20, 2012
  8. I totally agree. trading is an intelligent game. do not use brain, and use emotion, you will definitely lose.

emotion out is the easiest way. that is why most people blame emotion/psychology. bottom line is they are lazy.

they do not have a plan before they turn on their computer,
    throw a dart anything is moving, hope wish catch a killing and never need do any work

#38     Jun 21, 2012
  9. ocean5

ocean5

A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like that..

#39     Jun 21, 2012
  10. Use stop loss orders and never change them.

Once you are in the trade, you are right or you are fucked, thats the game.

Just like poker.

Bet on high odds.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

#40     Jun 21, 2012