How do you get proof of managed account performance?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Corso482, Jan 3, 2006.

1. I'm thinking about opening a managed forex account, and I'm requesting proof of past performance. They want to know the type of proof I want. What should I tell them? Is it even possible to have managed accounts audited because they are held by the investors instead of the program? What type of proof should I request?

2. If somebody is intent on defrauding another party, then most ''proof'' can be easily falsified, including ''audited statements'' and tax returns. That's why big funds of hedge funds have a ''due diligence'' dept that specializes in this function.

Aren't you the guy who was excited a couple of months back about some hedge fund you found on the internet which was some bs ponzi scheme?

Sounds like you found another one. LOL!

3. bolter

bolter

If they are a real fund (as opposed to CTA/managed accounts) they will have an administrator (Citco, Fortis etc). Speak with them.

4. A ponzi scheme would be sort of hindered from taking my money given their limited power of attorney at FXCM, don't you think?

5. It's a managed account.

6. bolter

bolter

Corso482,

Do the following:

Pick 1 good and 1 bad month from their published track record and ask for broker statements for these two months. You should be able to reconcile the two and you will get a feel for how trade.

All the best.