How do you get over the fear of increasing position size?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by rin4et, Sep 7, 2017.

1. maxinger

maxinger

Why fear ? Because subconscious mind is telling you that it is dangerous, risky, fearful, scary.
    And the subconscious mind could be creating hovoc by giving uss
    OCD obsessive compulsive disorder where we think about fear again and again at subconsioucs level.

We have to overcome fear
    by conscious thinking
    by visualisation
    by using psycho cybernectics
    by centering our mind using various techniques

and we have to do is repeatedly, frequently till the attitude of confidence becomes a habit.

#61     Oct 30, 2017
    _eug_ and murray t turtle like this.
  2. %%
    And dont forget , until he has some idea/plan of what he /anyone is dong, he rightly should be afraid:thumbsup::caution:.

#62     Nov 10, 2017
  3. No one will ever be able to completely overcome their fear. To be afraid - is normal, an absence of fear - now that's abnormal.

#63     Dec 27, 2017
    tommcginnis likes this.
  4. In an environment of uncertainty, you're risking much more all at once. How can that ever be a good thing? Running fast and confidently in the dark might get you there sooner if you're lucky, but it's safer to walk and feel your way through. You're less likely to end up with a limp. :D

#64     Dec 29, 2017
  5. Backtest your strategy in a simulator to gain more confidence.

Best regards
    Henrik Thorstensson

#65     Mar 13, 2018
  6. Fadip

Fadip

I just try not to focus on the sum of the item, but to work with percentage. I include a certain percent of risk into a trade plan and just don't pay attention to the amount of money.

#66     Mar 15, 2018
    tomorton and murray t turtle like this.
  7. %%
    Thats much more logical than risking a dollar size stop; even though i mostly trade with use US dollars+ fractions of dollars LOL:D:D

#67     Mar 16, 2018