How Do You Get Customer Support On MetaTrader?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by tommo, Jan 16, 2020.

1. tommo

tommo

Hi,

I'm considering switching accounts to trade through MetaTrader5. I currently do my systematic trading via NinjaTrader but they don't support spreading and I want to automate some synthetic spread trades.

NinjaTrader has outstanding customer support. If i email them or post on their forum one of their tech guys will reply within 2 hours.

But i posted a question on MT5 forum asking if they support backtesting on spread trading a day ago and no response. They seem to just hope other users answer their questions for them and if you ask anything too advanced or technical there doesn't seem to be any support?

Is there a support email i'm missing?

Cheers

Tom

2. ZBZB

ZBZB

Www.esignal.com has a spread calculator built in for ratio spreads. $55 a month for classic delayed. Not sure if you can backtest spreads though.

3. tommo

tommo

Cheers ZBZB, thanks for letting me know. Do you know if it allows you to trade ratio spreads automatically or you have to leg into the spread manually?

But yeah i need the backtesting functionality ideally too.

Thanks

4. ZBZB

ZBZB

Are you trading futures spreads? Will Cqg or TT do it?

5. tommo

tommo

Yeah CQG and TT do it but pretty pricey. $4/500 a month plus extra per lot fee.
    I can pay it if needs be but once you add in the per lot fee could easily cost me a grand a month and if I can avoid that that’s definitely a bonus.

Also neither of their backtesters are great IMO.

6. ZBZB

ZBZB

Last edited: Jan 16, 2020
  7. traider

traider

Ninjatrader can do spread trading but you have to code the execution yourself. Not extremely difficult but also not that trivial especially if you are scalping fast.

8. tommo

tommo

Yeah its only their Integrated Client account that allows for autospreader/backtester (and I think even the ability to chart synthetic spreads) QTrader is just for basic order entry on a couple of markets. Thanks again

9. tommo

tommo

Ah thanks, thats interesting, i think i looked into that but don't think the spread charts are great are they? More just a line produced as a study rather than actually able to open up a specific candlestick/MarketProfile chart of a synthetic spread?

10. traider

traider

U can write an indicator that reflects the spread
    Trading it needs more work on the code though

#10     Jan 16, 2020