How do you find a head hunter?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by bungrider, Sep 9, 2003.

1. Must have been a quick year..

#11     Jan 15, 2007
  2. dac8555

dac8555

i used to have a headhunting biz also. (but it ws just me an one other guy)...the average fee is between 15-30% of first year salary. Docs are different becuse their pay is so high. with 50 recruiters i would believe a $4mm salary...but ill bet it took a long time to get there...congrats.

Much of what i read here is prtty true. You take the dog with the least fleas (best candidate) and try to sell them to an employer if the candidate is looking for a job.

If you have an employer that needs a candidate, you look in your inventory to seee if you have a good match..or you hit the phones and try to find a good match.

I still help people find jobs (much of the time they simply dont know how to get their name in front of the right person).

If you would like to PM me...i am happy to look at your resume and give you pointers.

Dan

#12     Jan 15, 2007
  3. I earned 4 million in 3 months, since most residents and fellows sign on towards the end of the year.

#13     Jan 15, 2007
  4. birdman

birdman

You can do a search for same at Google and get hold of plenty

but the best way is

if you know management / supervisors (whatever level of management) with a major player in the industry you want to work ... this person will frequently get calls from head hunters asking for someone they might approach that might consider taking a position

the headhunter knows full well that the manger may submit names that he has problems with and hopes will move on, but it's a common practice

anyways if you know the supervisor that's getting the calls regularly, and if you are qualified, just tell him and he will be glad to pass your name along to get rid of the head hunter

#14     Jan 15, 2007
  5. #15     Jan 16, 2007
  6. So in the course of 3 months, you left your old firm, hired 50 recruiters to work for you, who placed 320 doctors ($4M / $25k / 50%), all while you were trading from home?

#16     Jan 16, 2007
  7. About 3.7 million. A little less than 300 docs. I feel very lucky. I don't trade much any more, just long term stuff.

#17     Jan 16, 2007