How do you feel when you miss a bad trade?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by alex.samant, Sep 12, 2007.

1. However, should you feel good that you did not lose money, or should you feel bad that you did not take the trade?

#11     Sep 13, 2007
  2. ehsmama

ehsmama

If your system is so active that you get 2-3-4 signals a day, Why bother. there is a bus leaving every minute..

#12     Sep 13, 2007
  3. This situation never happened to me
    and I do not believe it is real. I am missing exclusively winning trades.

#13     Sep 13, 2007
  4. it means that your system needs work...
    and it also is irrelevant, because you may never have taken the trades...

#14     Sep 13, 2007
  5. Why would you feel bad about not taking a losing trade?
    I'm not sure your logic is...well...:confused:

#15     Sep 13, 2007
  6. euclid

euclid

You should feel terrible. Those bullets where meant for you and because you were off getting your hair done, some other sucker has been taking the heat. I don't know how you could live with yourself.

#16     Sep 13, 2007
  7. you could look at it this way, as traders we are constantly missing out on trades. we can only make so many trades at a given time, not getting frustrated in what you missed out on or getting out too soon to see your trade move more in your favor. for me its frustrating when i break the rules in not taking a small loss. thats aggravating, everything else i try not let it effect me, to me trading is serious business, its tough, just take the good with the bad, just like everything else in life, you can only do your best, a great way to make a living if you can control risk & manage your emotions, & focus on trade execution, then you should be rewarded financially for it.

#17     Sep 13, 2007
  8. bespoke

bespoke

Usually for any bad trade you miss you probably miss a good one too. It all evens out. Especially if you're getting a few signals a day. I miss out on good signals sometimes cause I'm out for lunch or concentrating too much on another trade. But I also miss the bad ones too. With 50-250 signals a month per stock, no big deal for me.

#18     Sep 13, 2007
  9. The more active a trader, the more losses he has to contend with; it's just an integral part of the game, no matter what the trader's system. If the trader's a net winner since adopting his system, he has no reason to change anything he's doing. He was simply lucky and should feel good about having avoided some routine losses.

Hans

#19     Sep 14, 2007