How do you feel when the market is closed - such as on weekends ?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by traderwald, Jun 13, 2020.

1. Hi guys,

How do you feel when the market is closed - such as on weekends when trading cannot be done ?

Thank you

murray t turtle likes this.
  2. When I first started the Weekends were consumed by endless research and missing the trades. Now it does not hurt to miss s day or sleep in. Though I started rethinking in March, kind of weird. Depends on your health, my mentor stopped trading last year because of cancer. He never mentioned trading during chemo, just family and friends.

3. monee

monee

I welcome the weekend,definitely refreshing.
    Am very careful with Monday AM to make sure I have analyzed the mkt sufficiently.
    Because of being rusty from the weekend Monday AM's used to be my worst trading of the week.
    Now I make sure Sunday night I have a plan in place.

Spooz Top 2 likes this.
  4. ET180

ET180

Can't lose sight of why we trade in the first place.

Personally, I like the weekends and actually wish markets were only open 4 days per week. If you're worried about the weekends, probably means you're taking too much risk.

5. Overnight

Overnight

Equity (and certain commod) future traders don't have a weekend. Outside of a holiday or two, they get Saturday off and that's it. So everyone can bugger off.

LanceJ likes this.
  6. Tradex

Tradex

Thanks God most markets are closed during the weekend, otherwise we would all go crazy if we traded non-stop 365 days a year!

I am dead serious, trading is a very stressful activity, even if you are making money. Unless you can automate the whole thing and spend your day at the beach or the golf course.

However you can use the weekend to study/analyze your trades and look for any potential trading setup in progress.

7. Hmm, I read some messages saying if market trades weekends, they would get too busy and need to relax or create strategy for trade.

However, since you can trade at your own schedule, you can do it by not trading when you do not want to - you can work on strategy creation or relaxation or anything else whenever you need.

For others who want to trade, they can trade - if the markets were open on weekends ?

What do you think ?

8. SunTrader

SunTrader

7x365 would fine with me because I take a day whenever, as it is. Calendar doesn't matter as much as weather outside. But as crazy as it's been lately got to get while the getting is good.

Clubber Lang likes this.
  9. Don't most futures not start trading until Sunday evening?

Either way, I do trade equity futures, and I'm staying out of the Sunday action. I found that for me, trading during regular market hours gives better results than trading the futures-only hours.

10. Overnight

Overnight

Exactly. Hours for most bits is Monday morning to Friday afternoon. So those other folks get Saturday AND Sunday off. A real two-day weekend.

#10     Jun 13, 2020