How do you distinguish between the belief in God and the occult?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Brass, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Epic

Epic

non sequitur... you're suggesting that everyone should just bite their tongue and accept it?

If you want to argue against my point, provide a legitimate example of a religious organization or agenda that uses taxpayer money but is opposed by the majority of the tax payers.

#51     Mar 21, 2012
  2. Epic

Epic

I'm not a holy trinity believer, and on that same token, there is nothing in a biology book or chemistry book that proves or even suggests that there is no God.

Next

#52     Mar 21, 2012
  3. achilles28

achilles28

I would earnestly suggest you do your own research and thinking on the subject, instead of relying on the opinions of others, when your own logic and gray matter will suffice. What's interesting is the pervasive atheistic subculture in academic circles that was common where I went to school. And perhaps, more common than I thought. One of the key assumptions to the scientific method is the nonexistence of God and spirits, otherwise it would interfere with the validity of experimental results. That's exactly how it was taught to us in our experimental methodology classes, which is the same class chemists, physicists, bio and psych students took. The entire premise of the scientific method is based on a false assumption humans control reality they're ignorant too, by the beliefs they chose to hold about it?! It's a total nonsequitor and makes no difference either way, as reality is what is, whether humans are aware of it or not. Anyway, you don't sound all that serious on the matter. If you are serious, start learning single cell biology, dna replication, cell functions, enzymes, rna, cell duplication, the existence of dna outside the cell etc then put the pieces together. It takes more than a bit of thought, but the answers are there. Most on this thread won't bother because they care more about their precious beliefs, than actually discovering the truth. Until you come to grips that atheists have as much faith as believers do, you won't get very far. There are vast oceans of knowledge, humans are not privy too. But you're absolutely convinced God isn't there? Don't fool yourself. Atheists believe they know the unknown. As do religious folk. That's what we have in common, friend. It is what it is. I'm out.

#53     Mar 21, 2012
  4. achilles28

achilles28

To the contrary, there is a ton of proof in biology books that God exists. You simply haven't read a biology book, nor do you comprehend what makes a cell tick. Anyway, I'm repeating myself. Enjoy your precious delusions, friend. As for the Holy Trinity, yes, I believe in it. Why does that bother you so much? Why do you care so much what I believe in? Trust me, it speaks volumes about you, not me. You should ask Christ to prove Himself real to you. What have you got lose? You know everything there is to know about God and the universe, anyway? :p later

#54     Mar 21, 2012
  5. You're claiming to be scientific in your beliefs and yet you're a holy trinity believer, don't you see the irony?

#55     Mar 21, 2012
  6. achilles28

achilles28

You're aware of less than 1% of what's knowable, but claim God doesn't exist. Don't you see the irony?

#56     Mar 21, 2012
  7. Eight

Eight

The Bible helps to sort things out. It says not to do "divination" which is like Oiju Board stuff... so have I met people that played with Oiju Boards and became oppressed in their spirt? I have, not making this up.

A guy did a talk radio show once, it was Saturday night [worst time slot for talk radio there is], he just wanted to hear about experiences with Oiju Boards.. so it was rather amazing, calls came in from all over the US and they all said "burn the thing" and they all had creepy stories about what happened..

The Bible shows the way to get free from all the control that satan has over oneself. He buys us with lies. Jesus offered to buy us all back. Once one becomes free from all the lies one just is their very simple real self. Not everybody that attends a church or claims great relationship with God is free from all the lies, in fact nobody is entirely free but some are way ahead of others...

#57     Mar 21, 2012
  8. Brass

Brass

And you have arrived at this ratio as a result of your own research? Do tell.

#58     Mar 21, 2012
  9. Atheism is a religion

#59     Mar 21, 2012
  10. I would have thought 'lack thereof.' A belief system, perhaps, but not really a religion as there is no Deity involved. Just nit picking I guess, but please extrapolate.

c

#60     Mar 21, 2012