How do you distinguish between the belief in God and the occult?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Brass, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Brass

Brass

I can't. Can you?

(ə-kŭlt', ŏk'ŭlt')
    adj.
    1.Of, relating to, or dealing with supernatural influences, agencies, or phenomena.
    2.Beyond the realm of human comprehension; inscrutable.

http://www.answers.com/topic/occult

2. achilles28

achilles28

How do you distinguish between faith in atheism and faith in religion?

3. achilles28

achilles28

Basically, the occult encompasses entities that work outside the providence of God, ie demonic spirits, the demonic realm, majik, spirit conjuring, seances, channeling, psychics etc.

4. Brass

Brass

Not on the basis of the definitions I copied above. Perhaps you are channeling your own interpretation? You can choose to put a finer point on it to suit your purposes. But in the main, they appear very much to be one and the same.

5. achilles28

achilles28

No, they're not. The occult has an evil connotation and refers to things hidden or concealed. Whereas the True Creator, Yahweh, Christ, the Light of the World, has made Himself known to man through divine revelation contained in the Bible, which is Gods Word.

6. Brass

Brass

Impressive. I didn't know you were such a capable verbal contortionist.

7. achilles28

achilles28

And still you ducked the question. Which is very much like you.

8. its no wonder you fall for so many conspiricy theories. lack of critical thinking ability.
    atheism is a lack of belief in something unseen and undetectable. religion is belief in something unseen and undetectable. you cant see a difference?

9. Brass

Brass

That's just your own biased take. Read it again:

(ə-kŭlt', ŏk'ŭlt')
    adj.
    1.Of, relating to, or dealing with supernatural influences, agencies, or phenomena.
    2.Beyond the realm of human comprehension; inscrutable.

10. Brass

Brass

I only ducked the question that you mucked. Which is very much like you.

Seriously. If you're going to act daft, prepare to be treated accordingly. Conversely, I will respond to an intelligent comment in kind. It's all about response equity.

#10     Mar 21, 2012