How do you determine existence?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ShoeshineBoy, Dec 18, 2007.

1. love it!

#31     Dec 19, 2007
  2. I feel your pain. August.

#32     Dec 19, 2007
  3. sumosam

sumosam

Carl Jung, once responded when asked if he believed in God stated, "No, I do not believe in God, I know him".....I think if you know him, you'll figure that out.

#33     Dec 19, 2007
  4. What if C-A-T actually meant D-O-G????

weirrrrddddd!

#34     Dec 19, 2007
  5. I'm guessing that, apart from being uses as a political device and a proxy for an internal moral compass for an amoral crowd, the thing that religion tries to "cover over" is man's mortality. It seems that a lot of people are sufficiently egomaniacal to believe in eternal life. They simply refuse to share the fate of road kill or their dinner. And so, there is ceremony, pomp and circumstance to "cover over" man's limited life. The downside is that, while it gives people the foolish hope of a "beyond," it also causes them to not fully appreciate the only lives they are ever going to have, as they are having them.

#35     Dec 19, 2007
  6. It can also be as subtle as feeling the brush of a warm, gentle wind. Or even passing some...

#36     Dec 19, 2007
  7. If you like talking to yourself...

#37     Dec 19, 2007
  8. If I feel, therefore I am?

#38     Dec 19, 2007
  9. You realize that there was a joke there, right?

#39     Dec 19, 2007
  10. If it's judgement day and you're standing before anything that looks even remotely like it might be God it's probably best not to argue.

#40     Dec 19, 2007