How do you deal with STRESS?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by aphexcoil, Nov 7, 2003.

1. listen to "Mind Aerobics 2" cd titled "Super Stress Release" (with headphones) while in trading session. This creates a theta brain wave pattern for deep relaxation yet you are fully alert.

#11     Nov 8, 2003
  2. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

Stress is a good thing in a way.

You are releasing lots of adrenaline which sets off all the male hormones too.
    I that state we are all more aware of everything.
    All of our reflexes are much quicker.
    Our thoughts are faster.

We need to channel all this energy into a positive result.
    And not let all those negative thoughts creep into this aware state.

That said.....beat the crap out of an inanimate object like a stuffed animal.....gets all that negative energy right out of me.

:D :eek: :eek:

#12     Nov 8, 2003
  3. In trading,

Take a day off here and there, especially after a big run, or downturn..and look at nothing market related. Regroup and gets me centered again. The hardest part of trading is the psych. grind day to day...days off are essential.

Other than that, Boxing lifting weights, rowing, try to eat well..common sense stuff like that.

And sometimes the above is still not enuff..so a few double Makers Mark do the trick!

In life,

Stress is unfortunatley unavoidable, but spend some time in a cancer or cardiac unit, and that usually put's stuff in perspective.

Or go to a homeless shelter.

I say if you are doing what you enjoy, have a roof over your head, and don't go to bed hungry...you are living better than most.

This quote always keeps me grounded:

"I cried because I had no shoes, til I met a man with no feet"

Just keeps it all in perspective for me.

Best,
    David

#13     Nov 8, 2003

4. I think I read somewhere that if you enter into a delta, beta, theta state of relaxation is akin to being in a deep meditative state. Supposedly Zen monks practiced for decades in order to enter these states of mind. All this could be promotion put out by the cd makers. Just want to find out if it works or what you think about it.

Can you post the link for this tape or cd?

#14     Nov 8, 2003
  5. BuddhaTop, yes the cd reduces daytrading stress. The cd "Super Stress Release" is designed for eyes open listening (as in daytrading) or eyes closed for other times. The cd is part of a two set series. The other cd is "Basic workout/Extended workout" for eyes closed deep relaxation generating theta/delta frequency similar to the zen monks you mentioned. These cds use a patented audio technology which produces a 3D sound using headphones. I have been using them for over 2 years now. Go to google and type in "holosync cd". I ordered mine direct at 888-860-6577 (Oregon)...ps,the cds also help if you are working on improving your trading system as they stimulate your mind to automatically try different indicators/settings as well as eliminating nonperforming indicators from your screen.

#15     Nov 8, 2003
  6. Winning will treat any STRESS.

:p

#16     Nov 8, 2003
  7. When I am stressed, I don't trade well. Last time I was stressed I knew I would not trade well and therefore decided to stay away from futures and play around with stocks a little bit. Of course, did I mention when I get stressed I don't trade well? So I bought IMCL and next thing I know I was down $1500. That's still a lot of money for me, so I got out and stopped trading completely.

If the stress is only slight, good music really helps. If it is a little more serious, I prefer white noise through headphones. But if it's really bad, I have not found a remedy yet.

#17     Nov 8, 2003
  8. It means its time to pull out the beach towel and lock the door.

#18     Nov 8, 2003
  9. Listening to music, weightlifting, and conversation.

#19     Nov 9, 2003
  10. I searched for holosync and came out with the company that makes it. I think it's centerpointe. They don't offer individual cd's but they have this set wich cost $159 and it's only stage 1. I think there are so many other sets that you will have to buy later. I'm a bit skeptical. Have you heard of this site, mind-tek.com? They sell a similar product for $200 and it's a complete set. I don't know if they work because it seems like a new offering. At least holosync's been around for awhile.

#20     Nov 10, 2003