How do you deal with drowsiness?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Sergio77, Dec 8, 2012.

1. Just the opposite for me. I have a beer and a wank and I'm good to go for maybe 5 minutes before I get drowsy again.:cool:

#21     Dec 11, 2012
  2. Bry

Bry

Cold air. Heat will make you drowsy. (Hey, Oldtimer, I was long haul trucker too!)

Background noise, like some rock, will tend to keep you feeling more awake too.

#22     Dec 11, 2012
  3. ===========

Senior sergio;
    one of the best is the US military solution.

GET DOWN on the floor & give me 25 push ups!!!!!Repeat as needed!!
    Even better= drink coffee and ask God to bless it.:cool:

#23     Jan 10, 2013
  4. Exercise wakes me up and so does music when I'm tired. I love Mtn dew or Amp and beef jerky on long drives. Music, Mtn dew, and some kind of food like that and I can drive all through the night.

Another thing that works awesome for me is a super short nap. Like 5-10 minutes. I get about 5-7hrs of sleep a night. Nights I get 5, I will be sleepy in the evening. I'll lay down on the couch a few minutes before my wife finishes supper, get up and eat, and by the time I'm done I'm wired and ready to go workout and then come back and study some charts and watch some tv. Those 5 minutes somehow jump start me

#24     Jan 10, 2013
  5. Exercise 2 hours a day, 5-6 days a week. I mean actual exercise. If you are 5 ft 11, you should be around 160ish.

if you are hungry, eat. if you want snacks, fine. maybe walk an hour each night to burn off some excess calories. eat carbs for energy, and some meat at night after you exercise.

if you are a trader, you have time for 2-3 hours a day of exercise and getting your body back in shape. then your mind will become sharper and you will sleep better. at least, that is my experience.

it's a lifestyle...no stupid gym memberships, no dumb run 10 minutes and when sweating get all worried......and no worrying about running in pouring rain. deal with it.

chubby is fat. means you are weak. do you not care about your own body? you are disgracing yourself. how could a hot woman like you.....if you don't like you.

now get out there and go for it!!!! haha.

#25     Jan 10, 2013
  6. achilles28

achilles28

I find ALCAR helps. 1-2 grams a day, on waking.

#26     Jan 10, 2013
  7. chisel

chisel

If you're drowsy during trading you need to put on more size. :D

#27     Jan 10, 2013
  8. NoDoji

NoDoji

You're grounded :D

#28     Jan 11, 2013
  9. Mtn Dew and working out are the secret to my success! Well maybe the secret to my current attempt at success lol

#29     Jan 11, 2013
  10. high99

high99

Exactly. Put it all in. That will keep you on the edge of your chair with the pucker factor at full tilt. Guarantee you will not nod off.

#30     Jan 11, 2013