How do you deal with being wealthy or suddenly having lots of money?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by sub0, Oct 25, 2009.

1. do tell...

#31     Oct 29, 2009
  2. d08

d08

All my donation money will go toward Greenpeace, ALF (Animal Liberation Front) and PETA - while I do not agree with everything these organization represent, they still act with best intentions instead of organizing dinner parties. People have it good enough already, protect the truly unprotected.

#32     Oct 29, 2009

3. Did you donate any money to these groups in the last several years? Reason I ask is most people who say they are going to donate to them, dont. When they have a lot of money somehow they forget too.

#33     Oct 29, 2009
  4. Quote from Smart Money:
    I've made a deal with God...

Why does God need to make deals? Everything already belongs to God.

That being said, i think I've found something (T.A.) that works and backtests well last week.

T.A. pretty much does not work and backtests have little value, especially "last week." You will understand this a few weeks to months from now. Most newbies chase after T.A., reinvent themselves 2, 3, 4, 50 times and then give up after blowing out...

#34     Oct 30, 2009
  5. pervert

pervert

fuckin' a! hahahahahahahah

#35     Dec 23, 2009
  6. How do you handle being wealthy?

I'm not there yet but I suppose it's best not to disclose it, just bitch & moan at the socially acceptable times and be worry free inwardly.

#36     Dec 24, 2009
  7. Hahaha

you still believe this peanuts to million threads?

Maybe you still believe in Santa Claus?

#37     Dec 26, 2009
  8. pspr

pspr

Hey! Don't pick on those Mega-Millions ticket buyers. He's probably buying thousands of tickets every month with his retirement savings. Somebody's got to win! :D

#38     Dec 26, 2009
  9. Lethn

Lethn

The user mentioning tax avoidance said it best, that's what I would do if I managed to make a ton of money suddenly. In fact I'm already picking out low tax countries that I'd like to live in if I suddenly became wealthy one day. I don't even know if I'm going to make a lot in trading but I've looked into it and quite honestly the chances of you making millions in trading is far higher than gambling or the lottery because you aren't relying on chance as much and the markets have a mind of their own and don't really bend to peoples' will.

#39     Dec 26, 2009
  10. More money will make you even MORE of what you already are....if you don't like who you are now more money will only magnify what you already see. :eek:

Figure yourself out real fast and get your $hit straight before you start making lots of money!

BTW, just ask Stevie and the boys about this one!!! :eek:

#40     Dec 26, 2009