How do you deal with being wealthy or suddenly having lots of money?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by sub0, Oct 25, 2009.

1. Topper

Topper

OUCH! lol Please don't tell me that area was a hangout of yours!

#21     Oct 26, 2009
  2. Jesus

Jesus

I recently got filthy rich, here is the first thing I did.

My little nephew really wanted to go to disneyland, so I told him for his birthday I would take him there. But instead, I took him to an old burned-out warehouse on the shadey side of town. "Oh, no," I said. "Looks like Disneyland burned down."
    He cried and cried, but I think that DEEP down, he thought it was a pretty good joke.
    I started to drive over to the real Disneyland, but then thought, nah. It was getting too late and I'm scared of darkness.

Long story short, he died of cancer.

I do love kids though. I am pretty good with kids too. Yesterday, my other nephew asked where rain comes from, and I thought a cute thing to tell him is, "God is crying." When he asked why God is crying, I told him, "Probably because of something you did."

#22     Oct 27, 2009
  3. :D

#23     Oct 27, 2009
  4. DHOHHI

DHOHHI

Nooooooo ... but heading downtown (Greektown or anywhere else) I'd lock my car doors as I headed thru Highland Park. I've been gone from the (Detroit) area since 1999, can't imagine how bad things are now though.

#24     Oct 27, 2009
  5. drcha

drcha

I did not become suddenly rich, but have managed to accumulate some wealth slowly. Three things have surprised me.

One is that what I thought was a lot of money back when I was poor, is not so much money. I think that you easily become used to a different level and then it seems normal.

The second is that unfortunately there will be just a few people in your life who are not happy to see you succeed. The crabs in a bucket thing. You have to let them go, though it's sad.

The third is that, like everyone else who is poor, I used to roll my eyes when people told me that money is not everything. Well, it turns out that they were right. The best things in life still really are free. I don't think that parking four Italian cars in the garage would add very much to my life.

#25     Oct 27, 2009
  6. very sad.

may i suggest psychiatric help.

seriously.

:(

#26     Oct 27, 2009
  7. toc

toc

' The best things in life still really are free.'

True, Like someone else mentioned in the thread before...........'money helps in life upgrade to certain extent, but after that it is all the numbers game'.

#27     Oct 27, 2009
  8. Yeah, I have been in trading since last year and i got enough money to live luxurious life...

#28     Oct 28, 2009
  9. People who suddenly have lots of money need to buy a fly swatter, money attracts a lot of bugs.

#29     Oct 28, 2009
  10. drcha

drcha

Yes, they decide you must be in the lending business. I would like to say to them, "Do I have a Bank of America sign hanging around my neck or something?"

#30     Oct 28, 2009