How do you deal with anger?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by halfwaythere, Dec 17, 2012.

1. sounds like nonsense to me.

Which came first the anger or the losing.
    My suggestion is attack the causes not the symptoms.

#41     Jan 15, 2013
  2. ammo

ammo

anger is often a response to curb depression,treating the symptom not the cause, treating the cause would be to find a way to not be personally attached to winners or losers

#42     Jan 15, 2013
  3. I understand the utility of non-attachment but if one isn't profitable it's useless.

Just being emotionally cool with losses is not enough.
    hell rant and rave all you want and get pissed over a losing trade but get out if your system tells you to.

If your system doesn't tell you to get out and you are unprofitable then guess what? you need a new system.

anger is generally the symptom not the cause IMHO.

#43     Jan 15, 2013
  4. ammo

ammo

have to treat it like a game of points, take the dollar out of the equation,i know that might prompt an angry , f this guy,what a loon, but eventually when things smooth out and profit is a question of how much and not if,that is what is practiced,one of several facets of this video game that's mentaly necessary for success,emotions are a weighted back pack that would make the journey much lighter if discarded,mr market ,the opponent ,isn't carrying that backpack, plant a garden around the stump or remove the stump

#44     Jan 15, 2013
  5. no, I don't get mad, I'm pretty comotose most of the time, but I do get worn out

#45     Jan 15, 2013
  6. anger isn't the problem: that's just playing another blame game.

Problem is it's rare for people to get to the point of how much profit, they're still stuck in "if" and blaming it on something else outside themselves including "anger".

anger might not be good for your heath but it has nothing to do with preventing successful trading.

anger is just emotional pain, physical pain is an important signaling device, ignore it at your peril.

#46     Jan 15, 2013
  7. ammo

ammo

learning to squash the ego, emotions ,is necessary to trade successsfully, the first step of many is refusing

#47     Jan 15, 2013
  8. At this point I have to ask if you are a successful trader , and if you are give a little detail to back that up.

#48     Jan 15, 2013
  9. ammo

ammo

i am,started on cboe in '78, proving that to you won't put a nickel in your acct,emotional highs/lows are dead weight,back to the passenger in your race car analogy

#49     Jan 15, 2013
  10. Then you know that what I'm saying is true, and we'll just keep it our lil secret.

#50     Jan 15, 2013