How do you deal with anger?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by halfwaythere, Dec 17, 2012.

1. We all have it. What do you do about it?

I've gotten a lot better over the years. I used to pound on my desk, yell at my screen, etc in a burst of anger.

Now I just calmly walk away from my screens, outside and beat on anything I can find with my bat (the ground, sand bags, midgets)

Would this be considered healthy? Because it feels good. Or is this TOO emotional?

2. ammo

ammo

try to or do .......disconnect any emotion while trading elation or depression..don't try . do

3. Bob111

Bob111

[​IMG]

4. The only way it would be healthier, in my opinion, is if you directed it into something useful. Dissipation is always a relief; BURNING DESIRE is a fuel that can take you to heights previously thought impossible.....

:eek:

5. Redneck

Redneck

Any emotion(s) that preclude a trader from rational thought and / or action – while trading – is too much

As Ammo stated – learn to think / act in spite of your emotion(s)

Then again; Some place feelings above profits – perhaps you are one

RN

6. braman09

braman09

Take up meditation. TM works miracles for me.

note: I almost spelled it medication :)

7. This comes from a lack of a stable system. If you have a proven system, you will know that, over the long term, i.e. a month, you will be net positive if you stick to your system.

8. Tell me what would you know about that, when it comes to REAL TRADING?

9. money has nothing to do with anger

10. I had a coach in high school that used to say anger is one letter short of danger...

#10     Dec 18, 2012