How Do You Build Systems Using Python?

Discussion in 'App Development' started by tommo, Nov 21, 2016.

1. you know agile is a joke invented by Australians that didn't understand the systems development lifecycle. And for newbies attempting to impress others but throwing around buzz words like scrum for meetings. Agile didn't invent anything new, just more bs for something that aready existed but that's beyond your comprehension. Anyhow i took the title literally. The writer may have many years of programming in another language attempting to develop a system in python. No matter how you cut it. All the deliverable's must be addressed one way or another, regardless of formality or granularity to complete a system or a program. Been there done that too many times and become tired of dealing with newbies that think a program is a system. hahaha

Last edited: Nov 23, 2016
    #31     Nov 23, 2016
    alfa8 likes this.
  2. Sorry but you're miss informed. A system has many programs and procedures. No one is talking about an OS, you know that's an acronym for "operating system", such as windows, linux, and whatever fruit computers use, which really their version of unix, they only debeloped the UI. Anyhow this is not the right forum to educate you in systems development.

#32     Nov 23, 2016
  3. Simples

Simples

Thanks for not educating me. Be sure to update Wikipedia about your findings though.

#33     Nov 23, 2016
    dartmus and d08 like this.
  4. I come across so many wannabes. I had some java programmers working for me. They programmed a small UI piece and were ready to implement. They had no idea they competed a small part of the data entry phase of the system. No clue of system integration, how the data entered was verified or where it goes etc. The list goes on. Like i said anyone can cobble a program but to develop a system is alittle bit more is involved. Formal or not formal, it's all addressed but you won't understand. The analogy is like playing a game of baseball. Hitting the ball is not the whole game. However formal the game of baseball can be, a simplified version is explained huddled around home plate (similar to agile scrum hahaha), then the kids run off to play. However, the game is played. Are you smart enough to read between the lines, or you're fooling me.
    What i'm getting at. All the basic rules of baseball will be address while playing, regardless of formality. One kid is pitcher, the other is catcher, another is 1st base, 2nd base, need a batter, hitting out of the school yard is a homer etc. There's no shortcut. You still need to address the points in systems development or as granular as programming. Over simplified, You still need to know what you are programming, platform, vision, etc...

Last edited: Nov 23, 2016
    #34     Nov 23, 2016
  5. userque

userque

"Is this real life?"

#35     Nov 23, 2016
  6. These are not my findings, just basic knowledge that you should know before miss informing others.

#36     Nov 23, 2016
  7. Turveyd

Turveyd

Coding is fun, well it was on my Dragon 32 33 years ago, be fine, but total newbie with a steep learning curve ahead of him, both coding and trading method wise, be fun.

I wouldnt even consider a trading system, well unless I'm being paid to develop 1 and get paid regardless of results.

I actually dont think a computer program can ever trade all markets, wayyyyy to complex, computers can't think, only for hft or monitoring to alert trader to look at something fir me, both of which I did try but abandoned years ago.

#37     Nov 23, 2016
  8. d08

d08

Why does it have to trade all markets? There is no one-size-fits-all system for all instruments and all time-frames.

#38     Nov 23, 2016
  9. Does she have a sister?

#39     Nov 23, 2016
  10. Turveyd

Turveyd

Sorry not refering to that kind of all markets, even 1 market say DAX with differing market conditions.

You can't teach software experience, or a newbie sadly it has to be earned via blood sweat and few nervous breakdowns.

#40     Nov 23, 2016