How Do You Build Systems Using Python?

Discussion in 'App Development' started by tommo, Nov 21, 2016.

1. FYI an expert with this skillset, C, java, python, sql, algo, trading, derivatives etc. Starting salary is 200+K plus bonus in NY

#91     Nov 28, 2016
  2. birzos

birzos

Because the technicals are rolling over, and when that happens all the children, in this case techncials, throw their toys out of the stroller. What none of you have the mental capacity to understand is that you can only have an idetic memory if you don't lie.

Which is about the most annoying thing you can get as most people lie their arses off, or are just plain stupid and have no capacity to understand Theory of Mind. So back to the OP, they can choose anything they want, but it doesn't mean it's intelligent and will almost certainly be time inefficient. So it looks like that nice fundamental Dow short to 13,000 could be coming online, that will break all the technical models if it does. Very good.

#92     Nov 28, 2016
  3. Simples

Simples

When you need to put down other people and not arguing their arguments, the dialogue is kind of already lost.

I think from this last post I start to understand where you're going with this. R may be a language that is quicker to get some results from (feedback), so you might save time. This is kind of the same arguments many have for using Excel. They're both good for quick research and prototyping, so you don't get lost having to learn a general-purpose language and attempting to model an unknown trading system on unfamiliar/cumbersome technology.

Saving time is a good point, one that I've not cracked yet myself. However, you assume too much when you put arguments in other people's mouths regarding which language to start with, how and why. Anyways, this is a technical thread, but I do agree you need to be aligned with the fundamentals, of trading and of profitability, first and foremost.

Honesty is my #1 virtue too, though I am sometimes too forward, and other times could put my words out differently.

#93     Nov 28, 2016
  4. alfa8

alfa8

i think the subject got too complicated.

Programming skill to a trader; is like a Tic Tac to Trump. You want to get the girl; get some tic tac! and start kissing and groping, and furniture shopping if that is necessary!

#94     Nov 28, 2016