How do y'all stay on top of everything, all the time? 2022 edition

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by pinetboltz, Apr 29, 2022.

1. pinetboltz

pinetboltz

bloomberg
    FT
    tweetdeck with the usual roster & flavor/theme of the day accounts
    cnbc infotertainment
    dailymail for general pop culture/ sentiment measuring
    whatsapp
    latest publications
    crypto discord
    what colleagues, acquaintances old and new, random ppl are up to
    even the price of grass-fed milk in the grocery store because inflation data point lol

it's like that adage of youtube that says a few hundred hours of video are uploaded there per MINUTE, constantly, so even if you constantly watch the best content (non-negligible search time notwithstanding), you're still 'lagging' given the constant never-ending stream of content...but that said most of the youtube content is not relevant/ helpful to most people so the search bar quickly filters out stuff

with news flow, articles, etc, especially the info streams per above, however, esp. when it's constantly of the BREAKING NEWS variety, even the time it takes to skim/ scan something adds up, as you have to constantly pause, scan, quickly analyze/ figure out whether it's rubbish vs. not so relevant vs. potentially relevant at some point in the future and thus deserves a cursory read if there's time vs. to read and store for short term vs. to read multiple times/ take notes for long term
    & to do that constantly for all the info streams takes effort, and lots of mental focus to not get side tracked too

so how do y'all stay on top of everything all the time, preferably while staying mentally sharp, so that you can act/ make the best decisions after you've acquired all the best up-to-date info?

my solution so far has been STRONG coffee, lol & jotting things down on paper which helps refine my thoughts

also what other info sources have you found to be particularly helpful for added data streams/ insights on the markets?

murray t turtle likes this.
  2. SunTrader

SunTrader

Charts. Proper amount of sleep.

ET180, speedo, nooby_mcnoob and 4 others like this.
  3. %%
    THAT;
    paper notebook/charts+ more charts.
    Coffee + tomatoe juice + 8 glasses of water/walk several hours a week.
    Monthly charts IBD WSJ newspapers, older IBD + WSJ newspapers.I try to move around every hour but that's an easy goal to not make \LOL
    Dr Reginald Cherry said'' i dont like the saying an apple a day keeps the doctor away/ he likes 2 apples a day'' LOL :D:D200 red or green dma helps

pinetboltz likes this.
  4. Aisone

Aisone

It's gotten harder with age, for sure.

5. pinetboltz

pinetboltz

lol not sure about the other vitamins but i'm definitely a fan of vitamin C myself too

Nobert and murray t turtle like this.
  6. %%
    I take a multi-vitamin;
    they are so cheap + spare parts for a body are so expensive.:D:D
    Mountain+ valley ranges[pictures] on a perpetual calander may not really predict/\ but helpful anyway..........................................................................

7. I only trade one instrument , a good trader knows what to ignore which is almost everything, I also am very quantitative and intuitive and believe there really isn't anything to keep up with

KCalhoun, MACD and murray t turtle like this.
  8. spooz

spooz

I never look at any of that stuff. I have a vague idea what the mood of the moment is, but nothing more. I'm watching what traders are actually doing. That is news you can use.

9. danielc1

danielc1

I just channel my intuition and listen to my 10 year old girl telling me what is going on in her world.

10. comagnum

comagnum

It's what we don't do that matters most. Less is more.

#10     Apr 29, 2022
    KCalhoun likes this.