How do we know we finally hit the bottom?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by romanvm, Oct 8, 2008.

1. clacy

clacy

When you're playing with demo accounts, you don't feel the pain, so I wouldn't wait for stock_trad3r to thow in the towel. Cramer has already thrown it in, but has Kudlow?

That might be a good time to buy.

#11     Oct 8, 2008
  2. You may very well be right about the demo account but when he comes on ET and finally loses his permabull tone, thats it, we are going up.

Now I do run the risk that he never gives in and will go down with the ship like a lemming (which is probably what will happen!) but if he actually does change his tune to the bear side or neutral, I'm saying BUY IT ALL!!!! :)

#12     Oct 8, 2008
  3. Cheese

Cheese

I don't waste much of my time on bullish or bearish forecasts for stocks because there is too much money to be made daily from technically exploiting the markets (eg YM,ES,CL). The intraday upmoves and downmoves are rich in points every day.

However I will note this much; the Dow at around 9200 is a good value buying level for the medium or long term. Its hard for many to put aside the melodramatic circumstances and think clearly. Think how many are selling these low levels to go into cash after having used cash to buy higher levels.

While many of you are thinking, inventing or nuturing notions of disaster and collapse there are the more clever who currently are using the opportunity now for their stories of master success and newly honed fortunes which will surface, only a few years or so, down the road from here.
    :)

#13     Oct 8, 2008
  4. eagle

eagle

Until the tense atmosphere, current financial crisis and eventually credit card pending problem, got released.

#14     Oct 8, 2008
  5. cszulc

cszulc

Obviously when Paulson, Bernanke, and Bush tell us we have!
    :D

#15     Oct 8, 2008
  6. ElCubano

ElCubano

no...when their ratings hit an all time low..

#16     Oct 8, 2008
  7. If "smart" money is on the sidelines, then one has to ask why would it get off the sidelines until after the election.

If Barry is elected, that has to be a negative.

He is NOTHING without mo' Gubmint, and mo Gubmint is not a prescription for economic "Good Times".

#17     Oct 8, 2008
  8. I have run some numbers and Dow at 5532 looks like the bottom. God, I hope I'm wrong!

#18     Oct 8, 2008
  9. I ran my model and it forecast 7205 DOW.

#19     Oct 8, 2008
  10. LOL! Love the visuals.

#20     Oct 8, 2008