How do u start our trading day?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by skydds, May 9, 2007.

1. In NY we have some of the best, smoothest, cheap(I know, in NYC!), coffee that I've had in a long time. It's called Mud and they mostly have trucks at a few places in the city selling it...it's a nice brew.

Last one I had so tasty was a Kona coffee that was amazing and was flipping expensive...this stuff is $10/pound which I understand is pricey to many but for a coffee snob it's not. :D

#31     May 10, 2007
  2. Surdo

Surdo

Take a trip to Stew Leonard's for some really good beans.
    $6.49 a LB if you buy a few LBS.

Puerto Rican Coffee on Bleeker has great coffee, for a bit more!

el surdo

#32     May 10, 2007
  3. Thanks for the tip. I had this coffee in Kona that they actually shake the outside of the beans shells out of the mix, which is sometimes what adds to the bitterness, and the removal of that shell makes the coffee 10X smoother. Mud is pretty good I think and it's close. Laziness sometimes prevails! :D But Bleeker is only a few more blocks away I guess...maybe someday I'll make it over there!

#33     May 10, 2007
  4. I start my day by giving the wife a pickle tickle.

#34     May 10, 2007
  5. I'm a position trader.

I wake up in the morning and stay up the first 30minutes - 1 hr eating breakfast and watching tv to make sure no positions go off.

If I enter a position, I set my stop and I forget about the stock until at night.

If I don't enter any positions (all my positions are entered with limit orders), I will check throughout the day during my classes to make sure that nothing funny is happening. Probably look at my stocks more than I should simply because I'm OCD...

Spend the majority of my time when I'm free studying charts trying to predict behavior, finding better charts than the ones I'm in now, or reading.

As a position trader, I think I have a lot more freedom to grow than intraday traders...

#35     May 10, 2007
  6. I have refined my trading to the opening prices on Monday morning. With all my research being done on Sunday. I have never trade so well since I went to a weekly basis last year.

All in all. My top down research, position sizing and order entry take about 2 hours a week. :D But that is after YEARS of tick watching...I know exactly what i`m looking for these days.

#36     May 10, 2007