How do u start our trading day?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by skydds, May 9, 2007.

1. I can see why you are struggling to make money....

You need to get more serious. Trading is a serious business!

#11     May 9, 2007
  2. I dont get starbucks EVERY day, but I do get tired of cheerios and poptarts.

Steve, I watch the intra-day charts for my stocks, as for futures, I dont get those on my platform. Briefing.com talks about them a little though.

"There is a TON to be made everyday, intraday. I suggest trying your hand at this stuff"

...at day trading?..Not sure what you ment by this sentence.

"Yes it will take months and months and yes it is a lot of work but if the goals are the "finer things in life", wouldnt it make sense to not waste so much time"

Maybe this is the wrong view to have, but I like to keep the KISS approach to trading. The only fundamental data I REALLY care about is earnings for the stocks I own. I used to care about the other economic reports, however there are so many of them, that I'd never be able to trade if I kept worrying about how these reports will affect my stocks, so I pretty much ignore them. This is why I've made the arguement that having a deep knowlege of economics would help in trading... but whatev.

Is it wrong to choose only one side between the technicals or the fundamentals?

cm

#12     May 9, 2007
  3. Actually thats no longer 100% true. This month..so far is looking very good. March was my only down month.

#13     May 9, 2007
  4. Is it wrong to choose only one side between the technicals or the fundamentals?

cm [/B][/QUOTE]

Only caring about fundamentals and not technicals is like a doctor not checking his patients temperature when he comes in for a check-up.

#14     May 9, 2007
  5. I agree. And since he goes to a bookshop to read a book he might as well sell his TV and go to the store to watch.

Ursa..

#15     May 9, 2007
  6. Hedge22

Hedge22

Might as well just go to the library to trade too. Seems like sitting around "bored" is a huge waste, you could get a part time job and make some steady $$, or take the time to further your knowledge which could make you a better trader. Test out different strategies or learn a new subject.

#16     May 9, 2007
  7. I think B1S2 would agree with me here. WHERE is he? :p

#17     May 9, 2007
  8. nkhoi

nkhoi

9. infooo

infooo

Cashmoney69 does not give a SH@# about what good advice you people have to offer

cash is a spoiled brat who doesn't get that success requires some real attitude.

I gave him good advice over time, he never took it or even engaged me in conversation.

AND he actually wrote recently how he doesn't like me

whatever cash my friend,

we all reap what we sow

#19     May 9, 2007
  10. razor99

razor99

what happens if a stock in your sector issues a warning or a high profile analyst downgrades the sector ect....you have to stay on top of your stocks at all times. trading is truely a 24/7 job. i get to my computer at 7 a.m. and see what stocks will be moving that day,study their respective charts,see what the futures are doing ect...i am in a different stock/stocks every day.i also hang around after hours as well as there can be money to be made after the close. like the other poster said this is a serious business and you can literally get taken in a new york minute if you get lazy;not that you are,just pointing it out. this job can be more dangerous than working in a coal mine.

#20     May 9, 2007