How do the big boys 'talk' to each other during trading session?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by mspkash1, Apr 30, 2013.

1. A movie called, "They Live"

#11     Apr 30, 2013
  2. TILT2

TILT2

Yes, I know that. It's definitely true.

#12     May 1, 2013
  3. AbbotAle

AbbotAle

Bat Phone?

#13     May 1, 2013
  4. They talk to each other right here on ET :D

#14     May 1, 2013
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

You've been here seven years, and you're asking a question like this?

#15     May 1, 2013
  6. LOL. Yes, they all meet for coffee and talk about all their positions. They also have codes.....1879 blue dragon means sell bonds.

there are always rumors who is buying what, and most people just think they are made up anyhow....so it's not that self-fulfilling. however, the flow and interest is obvious on the screens. any firm can tell when another firm is buying.....

remember, the computers HFT make up like 10% of profits. also, constructing crazy opaque deals makes up a good percentage. they don't need charts, just buyers.

if anything, they get to call the Fed president themselves and simply just get all the information before us. no, not like insider trading, what I mean is they can figure out what to ask and what makes sense. we see an article, guess, and trade.

smart money can call anyone, anytime, who has a pulse on things. they can hire anyone, anytime.....

we drink coffee and look at red and green bars....

#16     May 1, 2013
  7. tommo

tommo

i assume this thread is meant as joke.

I can assure you the markets arent made up of 5 or 6 big traders that sit around trying to screw everyone else out of a few ticks. As someone that has been a professional trader my entire career these big traders are constantly making sure their edges arent exposed to anyone else, least of all other big traders.

There are a few dodgy things that happen of course, figures are released early regularly to a select few. But this is done in spite of other big traders not because of a helping hand from them.

The reason they make money is millions of dollars in research, infrastructure, training and capital. Same reason Ford can build and sell cars more efficiently than we can in our garage at home. Simple as.

#17     May 1, 2013
  8. "Rowdy" Roddy Piper! Loved that brainless movie!

#18     May 1, 2013
  9. mspkash1

mspkash1

Let me state my question this way:
    Take any price chart, you see a few narrow range bars and then comes the breakout with the bar size multiple times the size of the previous narrow bars.

One way this could happen is if all the MM's (or their bots) on the offer pull their offers out at the same time so the market orders push the bar higher/lower rapidly.

So I was just wondering if there is any coordination between them or they look at each others moves and act or if I'm just an idiot.

Yes i registered here 7 years go but still a student :)

#19     May 1, 2013
  10. #20     May 1, 2013