How do I short student loan debt

Discussion in 'Trading' started by jjk2, Feb 9, 2008.

1. yayt

yayt

it seems like all of the companies you listed have already been beaten down quite a bit, do you think they have further to do? i.e. with FMD there's not much left on the downside imo; with regard to STU, it may be helpful to take into account that they are a subsidiary of Citibank and take on the risk of their private loan underwriting (if I understand correctly).

#11     Feb 10, 2008
  2. I did no fundamental research and didn't even bother looking at what the company's business is - just saw the name and ticker.

But it sounds like you want to short some STU.

#12     Feb 10, 2008
  3. jjk2

jjk2

i didn't do much. i just throwing those out there for anyone interested. these student loans work very differntly from canada is the first thing i overlooked.

#13     Feb 10, 2008
  4. jjk2

jjk2

no not anymore. i've missed the boat already. pushing it further would be too much risk like if they start like jumping on big news.

#14     Feb 10, 2008
  5. naked1

naked1

I would pray for you but alas I don't pray

that is for wage slaves like you

#15     Feb 10, 2008
  6. jjk2

jjk2

you should worry yourself about getting one after you drop out from junior high school.

#16     Feb 10, 2008
  7. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

There is a federal agency like Fannie Mae, or Freddie Mac that does them, but I cant remember the stock symbol. Probably it wouldnt be a bad idea on my part to try to remember it.

#17     Feb 10, 2008
  8. yayt

yayt

SLM - Sallie Mae

#18     Feb 10, 2008
  9. LOL,

Now we have nursing students, who are now nurses paying off their 50K students loans thanks to
    their "trading" skills.

lol

What a fucking site this is.

#19     Feb 10, 2008

10. What the hell is wrong w/ being a wage slave ?

W/o them, this country would not be running

#20     Feb 10, 2008