how do i prevent making same mistakes?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by oraclewizard77, Oct 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Just brutally honest comments on your website (based on your main page). There is a large number of testimonials and trade examples. And (none that I saw) of an audited track record or broker statements, not even JUST an UNaudited track record you published.

All of these to me are the first signs of something without any positive expectancy having good stats (Sharpe/Sortino, PF, drawdown analysis, etc.)

It cannot cost that much to go onto somewhere like strategyrunner or collective2 and show evidence that your offerings actually work.

I reviewed over 2-3,000 systems over a number of years, and less than 1% showed any sign that they actually worked.

What is preventing you from getting audited so people do not have to "trust you" (but have verifiable evidence) to spend $6,500? every 6 months...

I would not spend $65 every 6 months without proof, almost everyone who signs up based on a slick website and credentials gets burned and loses their money.

Or is it more true that your service really does not work, and you don't want potential subs to find this out?

Honest reply would be appreciated.

#41     Oct 17, 2009
  2. This is very off topic.

You chose to check out what you checked out.

You found that about nothing works in a zero sum game after examining 3,000 trading methods.

When you were asked to come up with a measuring stick for your criteria on an Excel spread sheet, you folded your cards. You were smart to not be responsive then and it is a good idea for you to keep it that way.

A few times you have made comments addressed to those who are just beginning to consider trading. Mostly these cautions you issued were severe in my opinion.

Perhaps someone, professioal or otherwise, could step in here and help you get organized and more productive in the use of your time. Look at it this way. If you were employed and being paid money to do what you do, your employer would be really disappointed in your helping the organization you work for to discover some great stuff they could latch on to.

How about helping out the potential trader just beginning by doing 20 to 30 pronouncements on your very comprehensive set of analyses on these 20 to 30 methods that are passing muster?

Actally, why don't you just put up the best five? At this point I think Baron would make a concession to you as a reward for all the work you have done (posting the names of successful trading operations). Skip the one you were proferring a while back for a cool quarter of a million.

#42     Oct 17, 2009
  3. It looks like you check out things and they mostly all fail your check out.

As a person associated with one of those sytems that failed your skilled check out, I asked for you to provide a spread sheet for the record. In the past third parties have examined our stuff in formats of various sorts.

Here in ET there are contributors to the P&L thread and sometimes they post lists of perfomance data. There are journals that post criteria too. Some people post in the public test areas you recommend, too.

My current and continuing request is that you favor your vast audience with a list of a few of these methods that pass your test. ET gets two things from this: a defacto list of those who failed that you have not notified and a short list of successes, some of whom may have appeared in other places. You have notified ET of hundreds of failures; we all see those.

By the way thanks for your reappraisal of our efforts. To be called out as 10 times more potent than others in our class is quite a distinction. It also is counter to what other businesses of note have determined to be the opposite of your results.

Hand out some international traderzones prizes for trading performance. You don't have to be a frequent as the Nobel committee but at least one 20th and one 21st century award could be proferred.

I reread you post; it reads like you do not have enough data to make a decision. That is understandable. No one can knock anyone if they do not, themselves, have the facts. It would still be an open case.

Here is a softener-upper. Do you think Mr. Black cuts it? Do you have any colleagues on ET that cut it?

I sure do. There are loads of ways to trade successfully. The fact that commodities trading is zero sum is a very satisfactory proof. Have you missed all of these successful people?

#43     Oct 17, 2009
  4. bone

bone

1. This thread was created by a member who was asking a serious question about preventing repeated mistakes. My response was crafted based upon my experience of 17 consecutive years as a profitable full-time trader in the fixed income, energy, OTC financially-cleared, OTC bilateral (physical), and equity markets. I gave the member and honest and direct answer regarding what works for me: a daily trading journal.

2. Prospective clients place me under contract AFTER checking with at least two other current clients regarding the effectiveness of the relative value trading systems and methods I teach. Prospective clients are also provided with professional references from private equity fund managers for whom I have traded in the past.

3. I am a full-time professional trader. My clients are full-time professional traders. My clients are ET members, and they are not posting here accusing me of treachery or being anything less than a professional and successful relative value trader. My clients have a detailed CV on me - and that includes no liens, no bankruptices, no felonies, no misdemeanors, no exchange sanctions, no regulatory complaints or sanctions. That being the case, I will not justify myself or my background to anyone not seriously interested in becoming a client. And I turn down many prospects.

4. Anyone who has backtested 3,000 trading systems and picks fights on internet trading forums is a 'poser' who has never made a penny trading in his life. What - I should provide you with my brokerage statements because you say nasty things on the internet? How about adding something constructive about trading in this or any thread on ET... well, you won't because you can't. You know dick. Nothing.

#44     Oct 17, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.