How do I look up Quotetracker futures symbols for IB?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by surfer25, Feb 24, 2011.

1. surfer25

surfer25

Hello,
    I am wondering how to look up Quotetracker futures symbols for IB. I have gone to the Quotetracker help, but it only has a few symbols and many do not follow the format they lay out:

http://www.quotetracker.com/help/ib.shtml

I am looking for the mini silver on the NYMEX among other symbols. I've tried NYMEX:mad:6QH1 and NYMEX:mad:XSNH1 with various expiration months and can't get any data. I can get SI with NYMEX:mad:SIH1 but I want the mini.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

2. surfer25

surfer25

Okay, the question still stands about looking up various futures symbols for Quotetracker on IB, but I was able to find the silver mini using NYMEX:mad:QIH1.

Thanks.

3. there is no lookup. You should use the futures symbol as shown on Contract Description/SYMBOL column in TWS, prefixed with the exchange and an at sign (@) (@ means future symbol. Refer to the help page for other types of securities). The symbols shown on that help page are just examples.

4. surfer25

surfer25

Hi Jerry,
    Thanks for responding. You made a great product and I will be sorry to see it go if TDA kills it off. I am under the impression that your formula for IB symbols doesn't always work, but I could be mistaken. If I come across another one that doesn't seem to work, I will post it here. (Also, it seems as if it is neccessary to put a colon after the exchange and before the @ sign).
    Thanks again.