How do I know what type of trading suits me?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Pinozi, Jan 7, 2009.

1. Pinozi

Pinozi

Maybe my sarcasm meter is a little off but is this a serious question?

#11     Jan 26, 2009
  2. Yeah, it's not foolproof...but the type of videogames you enjoy could be correlated to the style of trading you would feel most comfortable with.

Do you like action packed shooters like Doom, Gears of War, Call of Duty, etc?

Are you more the strategic type, the Civilization/Sim-City player?

Do you like action RPG type games, such as Fallout, Mass Effect, etc?

Most trading these days is computer based, to me it makes sense that the type of games you enjoy may be related to the type of trading you enjoy.

Of course, what you enjoy and what you are actually good at are two different things....but people tend to put more effort into becoming proficient at things they enjoy.
    Like I said, definitely not foolproof, but it may provide a starting point.

#12     Jan 26, 2009
  3. Grinder

Grinder

4. nysestocks

nysestocks Guest

The market does not give a damn about what you like or dislike!

Try and apply common likes and dislikes to the market, and you will be taught some very quick lessons in behavioural finance.

#14     Jan 27, 2009
  5. nysestocks

nysestocks Guest

#15     Jan 27, 2009
  6. Grinder

Grinder

um... ok. Why the hostility? I believe the op asked for some assistance about finding a type of trading that may suit. Thats all. Relax.

#16     Jan 27, 2009
  7. Hey moron, read the last sentence I typed again...slowly this time.

Here, let me help:

Did you catch that? Did actually reading it help you make sense of it this time around?

Read...and comprehend...before you speak. Keeps you from making yourself look stupid, as you just did.

A lesson you may consider taking to heart: Don't hold strong opinions about things you do not understand.

Idiot.

Thanks, have a good day.

#17     Jan 27, 2009
  8. nysestocks

nysestocks Guest

There is an old saying that goes something like this:

It takes one to know one :D

I see you picked the right nick.

I don't spend much time reading posts, as most of them are just pure rubbish.

An odd time the clever ones post, which is not very frequent, and they usually only write about 7 to 10 words.

Those 7 to 10 words should be read over and over, as these few, although they are not experts, are very clever at what they do, all of the time!

#18     Jan 31, 2009
  9. nysestocks

nysestocks Guest

Tharp is just another author, nothing more, nothing less!

If my memory serves me correct, he either patented or copyrighted the term Expectancy!

There is not one good book written about how to go about learning how to make money in the markets in the shortest time possible, with the least amount of money, which is where the majority are at.

I am actually considering writing it myself, but as I will be giving it away for free I am in really no hurry to do so.

Why do people get all hung up on what others write?

There are No Experts in the trading game, full stop!

Books are written to be sold to mugs who think that someone is going to tel them what to do, and how to do it correctly.

Load of rubbish.

I can show a trader how to start out with as little as $2,000, and if that trader is willing to work his/her brain for at least 6 months, then they will have an opportunity to make any amount of money they so desire going forward, providing they keep the cool and don't get stupid and think they are an "expert".

#19     Jan 31, 2009