how do i know if trend reversed in a bear market vs bull market?

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by mute9003, May 9, 2022.

1. notagain

notagain

NQ 1,000 points away from the 200 weekly moving average.
    When everyone's bearish.....you know the thing.

#11     May 9, 2022
  2. Overnight

Overnight

The market is too psychotic to allow that analogy to stand. Bring it to Mr. Kite!

#12     May 9, 2022
  3. mute9003

mute9003

I have tradingview

#13     May 9, 2022
  4. Trader Curt

Trader Curt

Then use it

#14     May 9, 2022
  5. There's one easy way to know it, when everyone is talking about the 'recovery' and I missed it.

#15     May 10, 2022
  6. Same thought

#16     May 10, 2022
  7. legionx

legionx

Trend Reversals? Harmonic Patterns.com can give you an Idea. Just be aware that reversals are minor... to major in that range. Someone looking at a 1 min chart gets trend reversal a lot more vs someone looking at the hr chart. Confidence is finding the easiest strategy while following your moneymanagement rules. The easiest strategy should/could be your baseline to build your confidence. From there you can work on ratios like 1:1, 1:2... or fib levels, moving stops after certain levels etc. Good Luck.

#17     May 10, 2022
    sukhen likes this.
  8. bln

bln

One may look and try to see the general characteristics of the market as a whole.

Bull: upward grinding market with sharp/violent corrections to the down side

Bear: downward grinding market with sharp/violent corrections to the up side

#18     May 10, 2022
    David's faith likes this.
  9. sridhga

sridhga

Above one is the best answer for the OP's question.

On the other hand, if one managed to figure out if an on-going move is a pullback or a reversal, then one had hit the trading nirvana.

Last edited: May 10, 2022
    #19     May 10, 2022
  10. Helping people to use their own potential again?

We are so lucky to have you around...

#20     May 10, 2022