How do I get Facebook IPO at initial offering price ?

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by trader12, May 6, 2012.

1. shfly

shfly

50K: I'd buy a few shares every week until the 50K was spent. Or wait until FB has built it's first base...could be 40,50, or 30...who knows...

Look at a few highflyers of the past, and how it traded...AAPL, GOOG, AMZN...FB is over-hyped (if you ask me), but that's what it's all about...Get the public suckered in.

Not so sure FB has figured out how to make $$$ off all those people telling their "friends" what they're having for dinner ;)

I don't have an account, and don't plan to.

PS BTW, why only FB? Are you so sure they'll go the way of the AAPL's, GOOG's, AMZN's? Will be a hot IPO? Yes, for the early investors...and maybe for the public...But, ask yourself if you can afford to wait for years...to get back to breakeven, or start making $$$. Good luck.

#11     May 6, 2012
  2. Maverick74

Maverick74

This is exactly right. They are basically a perk. Big money clients pay out the nose in fees and this is one of the benefits. They are not paying 6.95 a trade.

#12     May 6, 2012
  3. There was some talk on the inter webs of FB making a small allocation available to small investors. Haven't been able to substantiate that rumor though.

If you all really wanted it, the way to get it was to have someone who has access to SharePost to get 100k then split it up amongst yourselves.

#13     May 6, 2012
  4. I don't like IPOs, it's like 99% of them are for fools and hard to short them too because the short squeezes are intense.

I rather wait for market pullbacks and buy proven high quality stuff like IBM, AAPL, etc.

IPOs just too risky unless you into buying puts.

#14     May 6, 2012
  5. Someone really needs to clean this sandbox.

#15     May 6, 2012