How do i get discovered

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by tradeavenger, Feb 2, 2008.

1. "How do I get discovered?"

How do you look in a teddy, or with a French maids uniform on?:p

#11     Feb 2, 2008
  2. usman88

usman88

u r trading futures and tht too on leverage.....I dont trade equities(i trade crude oil futures) but if u guys think that 10/20% annual return is 'good' then i must say tht u shld say goodbye to US indexes and start investing in emerging markets such as India and China where u will easily get 40-50% annual return just by investing in the 'market portfolio' without any margin. If you 'choose' stocks and hold for the year returns wud easily be 100-150% and more if u invest in some mutual fund.....all tht without margin......use margin and u can imagine the rest

#12     Feb 2, 2008
  3. If you really thought you were "an expert at trading the Emini", then you would not be "happy just making 150000 with bonus".

#13     Feb 2, 2008
  4. am i going to be happy with 150000 plus bonus?? Maybe, maybe not. My goal in life is not to be super rich because those i want to prove myself to are gone. But i gather some great advices here. i think i'll continue to build on the record for now.

#14     Feb 2, 2008
  5. Also rememeber, money isn't everything.

As an independent trader you are your own boss, come and go as you please, answer to no one.

You can't put a price tag on that.

P.S.-- Sorry to hear about your loss. I'm sure they would be proud of you no matter what you did.

#15     Feb 2, 2008
  6. "How do I get discovered?"
    Like in Hollywood?

#16     Feb 2, 2008
  7. This happens every weekend

The crazies come out of the woodwork and they get down with their freaky selves....

Go you fantasy trading freaks....dominate the world of fantasy trading....

pretend you have been discovered.

now you are the emperors of the western hemisphere

tomorrow, the world, and next week, the known universe....

#17     Feb 2, 2008
  8. I agree with some of the above posters, suggesting that if you are consistently profitable on your own why go somewhere else....but if you do want more capital to play with you could go to the prop firms.....to my knowledge the thing they will be most impressed with will be statements proving your track record, and understandably so....good luck in your career, sounds like you are making a good start :cool:

#18     Feb 2, 2008
  9. xiaohu

xiaohu

Trade with your own money for another year and you would make 24000/4000*24000=144000 ... close to your target of 150000.... why do you need to work for someone else ? :)

#19     Feb 2, 2008
  10. Lord knows most people easily make $150,000 these days working, especially in this booming economy.

#20     Feb 2, 2008