How do I get an interview at the better prop firms?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by kmgilroy89, Jun 2, 2012.

1. maybe your resume is not well put together? bad cover letter? keep trying.. you should at least score a phone interview which they pre screen with a lot.

#11     Jun 2, 2012
  2. traderchi128

traderchi128 Guest

The linked in thing couldn't hurt....so for 30 bucks its a no-brainer.

Definitely call them to follow up....it will have been 2 weeks so it's not like you are being pushy.

#12     Jun 2, 2012
  3. The Series 56 only applies to firms that are CBSX broker-dealers, of which Chimera is one of them. It requires sponsorship after you clear the background check through DOJ, so you can't take the 56 on your own.

Trillium used to be a FINRA firm, and now is a private holding company, so unless they joined the CBSX, there is no 56 needed.

I'm not familiar with SIG. Also, you may want research the firms in Chicago.

Maverick posted a list of Chicago props on another thread, which you may find useful in your due diligence process. See the link below.

By the way, what happened to your interview process with First NY Securities?

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showt...&highlight=list+of+montreal+props#post3477830

#13     Jun 2, 2012
  4. I didn't interview with FNYS or anybody yet. I saw on the WSO forums that they were going under and they ended their 2 year training program. I called the company to see if the 2 year training program was still going on and HR said that they didn't know and to apply. Not very helpful.

#14     Jun 2, 2012
  5. Showing up in person at their firm and meeting the right individauls may help. You may also not get any where but it can't hurt.

Chris Mankamyer:cool:

#15     Jun 9, 2012