How Do I Get Access to More Capital?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by catmango, Jan 19, 2004.

1. I have a question to all you experienced traders out there. I've been trading a system for the last year that's managed to yield me a great return, but on a relatively small account ($50k). Unfortunately, drawing down the account to pay my bills is putting a significant drag on the growth of my account. If I had access to more capital, I could (possibly) make enough profits such that my drawdowns would not

I don't have any friends or family with a lot of cash, so I can't start a hedge fund. Does that mean a prop firm is the only way to go? Considering my account size of $50k, and that my strategy is to do 3 to 10 overnight equity round-trips per day, what kind of access to capital would I be able to get, and what kind of fees and profit split could I expect? Are there restrictions to what % of capital I can commit to a single trade, and how much I can margin?

I don't need any training, and I don't need a place to trade (I'd hate to have to drive to a place at 6am!). I really only need access to capital.

Also, please do not let this thread spiral into an endless back-and-forth between Don Bright and his critics. Thanks!

Any thoughts or links to previous threads would be much appreciated.

2. Sorry. I noticed the last sentence of the first paragraph was cut off. What I meant to say was, "If I had access to more capital, I could (possibly) make enough of a return such that my drawdowns wouldn't take as big a chunk out of my profits."