How do I get a Full Refund from Dell ?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Neal, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Ask for their supervisor, or heck call the US dell and make them handle it

#11     Mar 19, 2012
  2. The way it usually works...

1. You "contest" a purchase... in your case, didn't receive part of the order.

2. CC company puts your payment to vendor into temporary suspense while they "look into it". Both you and the vendor are viewed as customers and they want both of you to be satisfied with the transaction. They of course would prefer Dell make things right with you, what ever that means.

3. You could ask that MC refund you the amount of the TV tuner as you didn't receive it. Depending upon other factors (not the least of which your claim is from a sale 9-months ago), the CC company may make a decision to either refund you the cost of the tuner (while charging back that amount to Dell) or tell you that you waited too long.

I doubt there is any chance of getting a refund on the computer.

I remember a dispute I once had with Tracphone. After explaining the situation, Amex just granted me a refund. Partly because I'm a long-time customer and partly because I don't have a history of abusing their necessity to intervene.

#12     Mar 19, 2012
  3. Neal

Neal

First Thank You for taking time to explain the process, I really appreciate it.

I did not wait for 8 months. I made every effort I can, calling them, writing them, giving them ultimatum in my last e mail that if they don't fix it, I would ask for money back.

It was like talking to a wall. Nothing worked.

Just getting the cost of TV Tuner isn't worth it.

My concern is that if it took 8 months for one minor problem, do I want to continue with similar behavior from them in future ? That is why I rather have a refund for the whole system.

#13     Mar 19, 2012
  4. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Call your credit card company and discuss this with them. Give them all the details you have about your purchase. Yet, your credit card company will ask why in the heck did you wait for so long to call them (credit card company). :confused:

Thus, if your card company saids they can't help you because you waited too long to tell them about the problem...you have no choice but to work with Dell and find a solution.

Good luck.

#14     Mar 19, 2012
  5. Neal

Neal

As I said before I didn't wait too long. I logged the complaint from day 1 & I have the case number assigned to it. Subsequently I did call them several time & then wrote a Strong e mail after that.

They kept promising me that they will take care it each time. They record all the conversations.

Then again I wrote them 2 weeks ago giving them an ultimatum to either fix it or give me my money back & they still didn't do anything so I wrote them Yesterday demanding my money back.

Here is something that says all about Dell :

Consumer Satisfaction Level : 3.2/10

http://www.consumerdaddy.com/consumer-reviews-of-dell-india-private-limited-c-377.htm

#15     Mar 19, 2012
  6. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

You misunderstood my question about your credit card company...not Dell.

I'm asking how come you waited so long to contact your credit card company. I wasn't asking you why you waited to contact Dell. Therefore, after you contacted your credit card company...what did your credit card company say to you about what they can do for you. ???

Simply, did your credit card company say they will refund your money even though Dell is aware of the problems you're having with Dell ???

#16     Mar 20, 2012
  7. Neal

Neal

Thank You Everyone for your support & guidance.

GOOD NEWS !!!!!

Dell has decided to take the system back & give Refund.

#17     Mar 20, 2012
  8. Well, good for you.

I'm a big Dell fan for their Precision line of workstation/business computers (I have 6 of them in my home network). If you're not pissed at Dell over all of this, suggest you consider a Dell Precision T3500 for a trading machine. You won't find better quality and support for one properly priced from Dell Outlet. (Dell has a separate support channel for business line computers.. different from "consumer" computers... XPS is a consumer computer.)

#18     Mar 20, 2012
  9. Neal

Neal

I did misunderstand your question.

I never contacted my credit card company.

All the conversations & e mails took place with Dell.

I wanted it to work but what put me over the edge was the last call from them when a gal from Dell told me that she is escalating the case to special team who deals with this kind of situation & when I didn't hear from the people who specialize to deal with such situation turned out no different, I told them, I have had it & I didn't want any more excuses & want my money back, period.

With a history of several phone conversations & e mails, they didn't have any more excuses left except telling me to get lost which would have caused me more pain & made me more determined to do everything I can so they wouldn't treat another unsuspecting potential client the way they did to me & I think they made a wise choice.

#19     Mar 20, 2012
  10. Neal

Neal

You were right.

Thank You.

#20     Mar 20, 2012