how do I evaluate a course?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by vk60546, Oct 18, 2010.

1. vk60546

vk60546

How would you go about evaluating their (or anyone elses) trading history?

And btw, where do you see them showing zero losses?

#11     Oct 18, 2010
  2. vk60546

vk60546

Is this 1% success normal? I realize often times that the testimonials are usually taken right after the course and tend to be upbeat and positive for many courses outthere.

Yet, if it's only 1%, I'd imagine there would be some sort of an outcry.

Lets say you buy a course, follow it to the 't' and end up losing on most of your trades, would you not complain somewhere about it?

Out of 100 people, where only 1 is successful, i'm sure you'd find similarly dissatisfied students.

I need to be sure what I'm getting into this time. I come from the real estate infomercial discount. So, I know what it's like to buy tons of courses with little result. Though with real estate, I can see how it's my effort that's to blame more than anything.

#12     Oct 19, 2010

3. you have a lot of nerve. It has been YOUR tradition to mislead the masses with your twisted search for worship. you don't need to start begging for offerings and tithes.

#13     Oct 19, 2010
  4. unlike jack, I won't ask for hundreds of dollars.

first of all, testimonials are entirely worthless. they are rarely verifiable, and often fakes or extracted from a larger to put the seller in a positive light. Do they publish their negative testimonials??

as for outcry, there are some threads here about other services, such as PureTick and others. And where would people outcry to? there are hundreds to thousands of these signal sellers that pop up constantly. There is nowhere for people to really outcry to.

finally, where is the proof? CTAs and others generally have a published track record. if these system work, they could go onto strategyrunner.com, timertrac.com, collective2.com, robbins world cup of trading or other tracking sites and prove they work. I have challenged a number of sellers here (even sponsors) to get audited, and they hem and haw because they obviously don't want others to find them out.

#14     Oct 19, 2010
  5. pspr

pspr

Look at their Track Record on their site. They list their recommendations and I don't see a single one showing a loss.

#15     Oct 19, 2010
  6. we are proud to pay evaluators of courses. The OP qualifies for payment and his evaluation with be worth the money we pay for it. He can then make it public.

We feel QA is important in the business of helping others.

Woman's Home Companion may be considering this procedure as well. If they do, I hope they use a more severe experience cut off than we did (May2008).

Belatedly, I discovered your membership is a month shy to qualify.

If anyone, by chance or otherwise, took my first post as humor......... Get serious.... and follow Joe's purposeful example. Either be a loser or be in the 1% of us who are winners. Get serious....

If you are a loser, do cry out as Joe does. Joe cries out to set a cry out'er example. Joe know he knows when he is trading the examples he cries out about. He can post proof of loses when using any system he cries out about. That is his cry out standard. If you cannot find his posted proofs, just ask.

He has nerves of aluminum and plastics.

#16     Oct 19, 2010
  7. vk60546

vk60546

Hi Jack, not sure if you are serious. Probably a joke. How do you know what my evaluation skills are?

Which courses have already been evaluated and where are the reviews?

#17     Oct 19, 2010
  8. vk60546

vk60546

Ah.. but it's their own information, right?

That's the system I was thinking about.

Also, I've learned that Dr. Mel has passed away, and a new guy took over. Makes me worried about the course.

#18     Oct 19, 2010
  9. Handle123

Handle123

If you made a method that never lost or seldom lost, why in God's name would you sell it? Just throw 5000 contracts on each signal, you could own the world in a few years.

The problem is, so many Americans are too damn gullible, especially men. Most men can't even return stuff they bought for a refund let alone ask these people for brokerage statements.
    Too many people coming to trading with huge dreams of grandeur of making it big, until they find out all the incredible amount of hours they really have to put into trading. It was much easier to learn how to trade before PC's, people didn't fail as fast or often as they do now. Daytrading requires at least a dozen answers in a couple of seconds, it be better to start with long term trading and have all night to have the answers, then work down to smaller timeframes, I believe if you can't make profits in long term, just going to get wiped out in day trading.

LOL, long ago I bought some software when I was first starting, it was for T-Bonds by some company called Essex, it would give a signal, and if it was a loser for the day, then run the software again in the evening after you downloaded the data from the company, the trade signal would not show up unless the trade only lost 1-2 tics, LOL OH YEA, it makes money on 98% of it's trades. But in real time, seldom had winners. I look back and laugh now, but back then I paid a grand and had lost a grand when I figured it was a sham, no refund.

#19     Oct 19, 2010
    beginner66 likes this.
  10. Again, his post depicts Jack as the rambling delusional glory-seeker he has been here for years. How can he not see that his posts are the best testimony against ever taking him seriously???
    :D

PS: you do realize you are not allowed to troll for commercial clients, such as you are doing here???

#20     Oct 20, 2010