How do I do this, show a picture ?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Digs, Jul 9, 2008.

1. Hi Deucy,

You're right, that last picture I put up wasn't as sharp as it should be. I'm trying the .png format right now.

It does look a bit better.

[​IMG]

#71     Apr 14, 2013
  2. deucy28

deucy28

Well, marginally so. But something is still not right. In an earlier post your referred to re-sizing by manner of choosing a linear size of a chart you were posting, and dpi. My simple photo editor allows for that choice, too. But I wonder if you get better results if you play the game by selecting instead of "size," do a re-size in terms of pixels, sticking with .png extension.

minimum pixels
    800 x

maximum pixels (to fit ET page appropriately)
    975 x

The number after the "x" generally gets figured out for you by the software after you put that first number in as long as you elect to "resize and keep proportional." You probably know that, but just in case. If you don't have the capability, I can refer you to the freeware I have downloaded. Like any decent editor, you want to be able to annotate on your chart or around your chart frame. Feel free to PM me, and I can refer you. I use about 1% of its capability but it's all that is needed for ET.

#72     Apr 14, 2013
  3. Just tried simply adjusting the pixel width to 950 with no other changes and it looked about the same. Trying 950 pixels + 300 dpi now.

It doesn't appear better. Perhaps I'm limited by the resolution of the original screenshot I took, which was done with the Microsoft Snipping Tool and saved as a .png file in that program.

[​IMG]

#73     Apr 14, 2013
  4. Took the screenshot using either the Snipping Tool or the PrtScn keyboard button and edited the resulting images in several different ways. None of them looked sharp.

Then I took the picture from within the ThinkOrSwim platform using its printing icon & changed the resulting .png image to 950 pixels width in Photoshop.

This looks better. The best chart pic I've achieved so far.

[​IMG]

#74     Apr 15, 2013
  5. deucy28

deucy28

Yes, I had thought the same thing too. You do have to examine the quality of what you saved before posting it to ET. Garbage in, garbage out.

#75     Apr 15, 2013
  6. Zzoom

Zzoom

Please ignore this.... just trying out image posting...

[​IMG]

#76     Dec 6, 2013
  7. picture post test

#77     Dec 10, 2013
  8. Well that was intersting. This site runs on php and php has super simple integrated picture posting capabilities. But not here on ET. Can someone kick Baron in the butt and ask him to enable the feature?
    Thanks!

#78     Dec 10, 2013
  9. #79     Dec 10, 2013
  10. Well that seemed to work, but it was a nuisance.
    I still vote for having the integrated php feature where you just click an image of a picture to browse and insert a picture.

#80     Dec 10, 2013