How do I do this, show a picture ?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Digs, Jul 9, 2008.

1. I don't know... I guess I just couldn't learn to figure skate.

Those are actual soil and mineral collections that occur when wind blows stuff in one time cracks and, for glaciers when two glaciers merge going down to the calving areas set aside for them.

I'll dig up sone shots of glaciers fron the North Beagle Passage. There are tangential fiords along the passage and many many very large glaciers merging. The coloration of the glacial melt meeting the slat water is a terrific shearline example as well.

#31     Jul 12, 2008
  2. here's a three part glacier with two dirt stripes.

[​IMG]

#32     Jul 12, 2008
  3. you can see the dirt leaves first

a closer view

[​IMG]

#33     Jul 12, 2008
  4. Our ship was 90 degrees to the fiord (Girabaldi in this case) and the fiord was up to 2 lengths wide.

[​IMG]

#34     Jul 12, 2008
  5. here is view looking back where we came into area.

[​IMG]

#35     Jul 12, 2008
  6. This is charted type boat (2,200 per day per person for two weeks min)

[​IMG]

#36     Jul 12, 2008
  7. This shows some glacial melt. Temp was about 40 degrees and the wind was 40 knots from the west right down the Horth Beagle Pasage. The andes are right on the passage and the passage is the second one crossing S America. Further North the first slice is the circumnavigating passage that is famous.

[​IMG]

A couple of notable things: The melt/salt shear and the evident receding of this glaciar from the coast (see smoothed surface)

#38     Jul 12, 2008
  8. gucci

gucci

Awesome pictures. Thanks for sharing.

#39     Jul 14, 2008
  9. Ezzy

Ezzy

LOL! Got me with that one. The one with the people in the RIB sure looks like someone poured blue dye down the sides. Great shots. Thanks for posting them. And kudos for getting the pic posting down. - EZ

#40     Jul 14, 2008