how do I create a trading plan?

Discussion in 'Risk Management' started by laeott, Aug 9, 2007.

1. Yes. Listen to Paul Simon sing "The Only Living Boy in New York", especially the lyric "I get all the news I need on the weather report." Substitute chart for weather report.

#31     Jul 21, 2009
  2. What's up with his bots. The end of ET?

Here are all the posts of Alltimebearfore

Any suggestions & ideas for trading plan
    Is there any suggestion and ideas for trader?
    any other suggestions?
    Any other sugegstions?

#32     Jul 21, 2009
  3. Exactly.

That is why we all know that you can truly get world class abdominals with the 3 minute ab program.

All those dumb NFL and NBA people working out 5 hours per day!

All they need is a no-brainer no work system.

Just like a day trader can buy a $29.00 book and get rich.

Successfully,

Alex L. Wasilewski
    Co-Founder & Head Trader
    Trades That Work
    www.puretick.com
    1-877-GOLONG1 ( 1-877-465-6641 )

#33     Jul 21, 2009
  4. Kindly do not dispute with me unless you want to be embarrassed in public.

#34     Jul 21, 2009
  5. Great, maybe you can take the place of Nazi-timextrader who promised to send a "GUMSHOE" TO check me out.

OK moron. Lets have that embarrassment. I became embarrassed the moment I responded to you.

A denizen of ET----ooooohhhhhhh.

You MUST be a world class trader who wants to "TAKE ON PURETICK." After an hour watching Oprah, you want to get down and dirty with the professional traders? OK. As long as people sign up to my site, I will dance with you.

So what do you want to dispute about asswipe?

Successfully,

Alex L. Wasilewski
    Co-Founder & Head Trader
    Trades That Work
    www.puretick.com

#35     Jul 22, 2009
  6. Perhaps we should start with the obvious fact that you have a serious case of free-floating hostility. G. Gordon Liddy had you in mind when he said: "In a battle of wits, you're unarmed." In a quick search of your posts before my stomach turned, it was hard to tell your style of rambling ranting from Jack's. And you are such a clever businessman to express utter contempt for your potential target client base. Your valediction says it all. A polite person comfortable with his status and accomplishments would close "sincerely,' or "cordially," or "respectfully," or the like. "Successfully?" It makes one wonder. At what. Upon reflection, it occurs to me that you disagreed with my assertion that "you don't need a fucking trading plan if you have a system that works" because you don't have one yourself.

#36     Jul 22, 2009
  7. I found that by keeping track of trades and trying a wide variety of strategies I was able to come up with what (for me) has been a winning plan. Some of the things I weeded out because I just couldn't figure out how to make them work:

1. intraday scalping

2. after-market earnings trades (much more volatility than pre-market which I trade on a restrictive basis)

3. holding positions overnight (one gapped stop was all it took, I can't relax if I have a position in the market)

4. trading without software automatically setting stops for me (I made the classic mistake of letting a few too many losses ride)

I think it's important to keep track of actual results on a spreadsheet instead of relying on your own memory, I know I was surprised to learn my scalping was actually losing me a small amount of money when I had thought I was making steady profits. Tools like NinjaTrader etc. can help by automatically recording, categorizing and reporting on your trades if you're experimenting with something like high-volume scalping.

Best of luck!

#37     Jul 23, 2009
  8. when you first start trading, you should really write down everything and why you made those transactions. this part of the trading plan is the record-keeping and it can be a bit of a hassle. but i think if you don't have enough discipline to actually write down why you bought the stock (so that you're just not speculating and buying random stocks you heard from your friend or the news), then you won't learn from your mistakes.

afterwards, reflect on your trades and see what's worked and what hasn't and change for the better.

#38     Jul 24, 2009
  9. You quote Liddy

I will qoute Vince Lombardi "Show me a good loser and I will show you a loser."

You want politeness buy a Suisie Prudens manners book.

Trading is a predatory business, sort of like the NHL, or NFL or believe it or not Grandmaster Chess.

My clients come to me with serious cases of insecurity. Trading losss have made them feel the deck is stacked against them.

Log into our room and listen to many traders stating negative things about their bad habits and CURRENT PROBLEMS.

My job is to mentally toughen them. You don't like it, stay the hell out of my way or I will trample you.

And so will my successful clients.

Ask Duke what I mean. And if you can't duplicate his accomplishments, just stay here on ET and ramble about Watergate and Nixon and Kent State.

11:28:20 {Duke} alex - gonna resign for another year soon, maybe send you & caj champagne - july for me looks like an all time equity high on my account
    11:28:42 {Duke} "re-sign" not resign

That is my strategy.

Successfully,

Alex L. Wasilewski
    Co-Founder & Head Trader
    Trades That Work
    www.puretick.com

#39     Jul 25, 2009
  10. Malstrom

Malstrom

so funny:)
    Ok, its starting to BECOME VERY CLEAR what type of shitty "trader" you are, the more you write the more obvious become your experience level. So,

Alex note: OK go see a shrink. This looks like the setup man for a Colbert report.
    ----
    hah:) so... first of all, its normal that IF you are not a prof. trader then you don\t know that to be bored when trade its a QUALITY, this reflect the psichological experience level. From your response I see that your psich. experience level is ZERO, you don\t have a clue you loser! and to end this... look what george soros said:

"If investing is entertaining, if you are
    having fun, you are probably not making
    any money. Good investing is boring."

Alex note: you go to Tarzan school of writing?
    -----
    english is my second language.

Alex note: Yes you do. You sent me "I am minister of Nigeria and have accumulated $36 millions of dollars and don't know how to go to American bank teller and open up a fucking savings account so I want to pay you $3 millions of your dollars so you can give me your social security number and your bank account so I may put all my money into your account."

Go back to what shit hole country you came from loser before I send the US Marines to pound you back to the Stone Age.
    ----

What type of responses are this? I mean, really, forget what I wrote, and be honest, do you have mental problems? Or what is with this immature respons from you.
    Also, what you did was to criticize to my comments and you didn''t try to deny what I said about you, well this mean one thing : I was RIGHT regarding your experience and you become upset because what I wrote is TRUE and you are just a SALESMAN who feed CRAP to newbie. I don\t believe that people are PAYING to learn your crap. omg... my theory that most people (aka, mases) are idiots is proven by your BS. So, what a newb. get? garbage in> garbage out.
    I really hope that people are not paying you at least a penny.

Again a profes. trader does not say this, but because you are a loser, then yes, its correct for you what you wrote.
    The corect way:
    --buy high, sell higher;
    --sell low, buy lower;

"A polite person comfortable with his status and accomplishments would close "sincerely,' or "cordially," or "respectfully," or the like. "Successfully?" It makes one wonder" Arthur Deco

I subscribe.

#40     Aug 2, 2009