how do I create a trading plan?

Discussion in 'Risk Management' started by laeott, Aug 9, 2007.

1. Two books that elaborate on the TRADING PLAN

High Probability Trading -- Marcel Link
    Trading in the Zone -- Mark Douglas

Douglas does not go into charts or setups but deals with the PLAN OF MENTAL and Psychological preparedness when it comes to accepting the risks of trading.

Successfully,

Alex L. Wasilewski
    Co-Founder & Head Trader
    Trades That Work
    www.puretick.com
    1-877-GOLONG1 ( 1-877-465-6641 )

#11     Jun 5, 2009
  2. Tcbjx9

Tcbjx9

Thanks

#12     Jun 9, 2009
  3. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

fist figure out what motivates you - the money or the game? if its the money your in trouble already.

#13     Jun 11, 2009
  4. liujs

liujs

This site gives you more information on how you can create a trading plan. It compares a trading plan to a company making a business plan. Provides a matrix on what you need for different markets and types of trading strategies.

Quite a different view from most other sources that I have read.

Well, sounds as though I am promoting my own site. I am, but its non-commercial. Just trying to solicit views on my thinking.

http://finance4traders.blogspot.com/2009/06/5-things-you-need-to-know-when-creating.html

#14     Jun 21, 2009
  5. You have all the right in the world to promote your site.

Better than the morons here who have nothing to promote.

They have no idea what marketing is about anyway. Who would ever take advice from a bunch of losers.

Successfully,

Alex L. Wasilewski
    Co-Founder & Head Trader
    Trades That Work
    www.puretick.com
    1-877-GOLONG1 ( 1-877-465-6641 )

#15     Jun 23, 2009
  6. NoDoji

NoDoji

The Market Maker's Edge by Josh Lukeman

Come Into My Trading Room by Alexander Elder

#16     Jul 3, 2009
  7. #17     Jul 3, 2009
  8. Cutten

Cutten

A trading plan should explain what to do at all stages of a trade from idea to entry to exit and beyond. Work out all the steps needed, and all possible decisions at each step. Decide which decisions to take under which conditions. Voila, a trading plan is born.

#18     Jul 3, 2009
  9. LEAPup

LEAPup

Interesting! I like the calculator they have. Pretty cool:cool:

#19     Jul 4, 2009
  10. Reealjrd

Reealjrd

a real trader makes his own trading plans. you can learn technical analysis. fundamental analysis, some trading strategies, but never trading plans. use these things defenitly you will find yout you trading way and trading style. just practice more in forex trading platform. you can also use my broker's trading platform that AVA Trader. AVAfx has free demo trading platform. just use it then you can learn many things. for information log on avafx.com and use the code AVAQZ12.

All d best

#20     Jul 4, 2009