How do I capitalise on a winning strategy

Discussion in 'Forex' started by luckyviva, May 5, 2020.

1. luckyviva

luckyviva

Hello everyone! I have a really interesting strategy for GBP/JPY with over 80% of trades winning. Would love to hear from you, how I can capitalise on it or suggest ideas. Note that, I have no funds currently invest on my own.

2. DevBru

DevBru

Do note that win rate on its own doesn't mean anything. You can have a win rate of +90% but still lose money. You do need to do some other calculations (profit factor, risk:reward, expectancy, ...)

Regarding the funds, all you can do if you have no funds currently is save up until you do have saved enough funds to start out with. Take an extra job (or 2), cut all costs that aren't completely necessary. The advantage of Forex is that you can trade very small size so you don't need a super large amount of money, however don't expect to make a noticeable income on a $1000 account.

Last edited: May 5, 2020
  3. kmiklas

kmiklas

Are you paper trading?

4. luckyviva

luckyviva

Thanks for the reply.

5. luckyviva

luckyviva

Not really. Thanks.

6. same question i had you are paper trading or not , by the way already got the answer and thanks.

7. Tradex

Tradex

Absolutely, the winning percentage is meaningless.
    A trader can lose 70% of the time (or more) and still make a killing.

8. The situation is really quite ambiguous, and you need to understand it well.