How do I backup my emails?

Discussion in 'Networking and Security' started by Wood474, Jul 18, 2008.

1. gnome

gnome

Contacts... Documents and Settings/[User name]/Application Data/Microsoft/Address Book.

Emails... Documents and Settings/[user name]/Local Settings/Application Data/Identities/{10C7007A-xxxxxxxxx...}/Microsoft/Outlook Express

#11     Jul 18, 2008
  2. Andris_2

Andris_2

Thanks!

#12     Jul 19, 2008
  3. zdreg

zdreg

how would you do the same for yahoo email?

#13     Jul 19, 2008
  4. gnome

gnome

Doesn't Yahoo keep that on their servers?

#14     Jul 19, 2008
  5. zdreg

zdreg

yes. if their servers went down there would be a problem. therefore there is a need for email etc. backup.

#15     Jul 20, 2008
  6. gnome

gnome

Well, when the servers came back up you'd have access to your archived emails, right?

Doesn't Yahoo use webmail?

Could you display an email, then do a "save as" and save the file to a foder on your HD? Would you have to do that for each individual email as a separate file... that is, not easily download your email folder and save them all at once ?

#16     Jul 20, 2008
  7. jumper

jumper

You can back up your Yahoo email.

You go to mail options. Then Archive. Enter the folder you want and the dates.

It says that you can import this file into Outlook Express.

I'm not sure if you can do this in the new format. Might have to revert back to the Classic version to do this.

#17     Jul 20, 2008
  8. In Outlook I use File --> Import/ Export to move contacts and e-mail from one system to another. Works very well. I choose the Windows CSV (comma separated values) format to get it to export to Excel. Works very well.

#18     Jul 21, 2008