How do C students get into Harvard Business School?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bungrider, Apr 9, 2004.

1. I want to thank you for spurring my laughter.

#51     Apr 11, 2004
  2. I surley did not want to discuss elipse? I have made an effort to incorporate this discourse into the threads intention. But you try to go back to personal... My opening comment to you could have been taken many ways, but you choose the path you want to travel now, ok?

Michael B.

#52     Apr 11, 2004

3. Many say that happiness is the main quality of success. I think happiness is a primitive state of being linked to primitive emotions. My goal is not concentric to such an idea. I want to transcend my mind. I want to experience something beyond base symbolism.

#53     Apr 11, 2004
  4. Just because many say this or that...This is personal. Success and societies qualification (base symbolism) is not personal.

Michael B.

P.S. Now if you want to go Zen on me, I am not qualified.

#54     Apr 11, 2004
  5. Yes, due to my personal insecurities, when you wrote "too late" I immediately thought you were attacking me.

#55     Apr 11, 2004
  6. You see! This can be intelligent.

Michael B.

#56     Apr 11, 2004

7. "Success and societies qualification (base symbolism) is not personal."

I don't know what you're trying to convey with this sentence.

Don't worry about the ZEn thing, I hate all religions. I loathe the word spirituality.

#57     Apr 11, 2004
  8. There is a ten year-old kid in my intermediate algebra class. His mother or father joins him for class which is twice per week.
    He could be a genius as we know it

UCB and UCLA are great schools that offer ivy league level educations to people that can't afford 30,000+ per year for college.
    Can't grandma help?

If I don't gain entrance to an ivy I plan to enter UCLA for an undergraduate degree beginning Fall 2005. I hope to go all the way, end up gaining a PHD at some ivy league or.

School is great for creating connections.
    Yes, many girls there looking for husbands. If you are a leader, you will realize that these "so-called" connections fade quickly. You know what you know and use it, you will be recognized. Now if you are in a circle of people that you place importance in, then balance it, but depend on your vision and not on others. Many foreigners come here, and focus on a formula for success, without understanding leadership. Even one poster here has eluded to Asians in this thread as an example. America is great! they say. A true leader forges his own path and others will follow.

As for fine art, a graduating from a respected school can greatly impact one's commercial success.
    could you elaborate, Do you know some examples? Has there been a study of the income levels of these graduating students that you base your OPINION on?

After obtaining a phd, or omniscience, I'll then take myself away for two years to write a book about something important enough to justify my existence.
    I feel sorry for you

Art and stock market speculation are my favorite hobbies. I should be able to do whatever I want to do. What else is there to do but what one really enjoys?
    all of this sounds good on this public board, doesn't it? Now tell us what you really will do

Being smart makes for an easy and interesting life. Being talented is only one step below being a genius. I really want to be a genius.
    This is the stupid

Rowewood, I am posting not to embarrass you or to win a debate. I want to encourage you with strong words to show the leader that you are. Your idealistic youth and your energy and fight are refreshing. Now lets hear the "leader in you"

You see our universities are stamping out followers and we need some real visionaries, not looking for short-cuts. Now, you say who the heck is the Electricsavant? What qualifications does he have? Who gives him the right to judge? Absolutly right! My qualifications are not important, as I could be a professor, doctor or a high school grad. Listen to your heart. Rownewood, I wish you the best, really. Please re-read this in 24 hrs.

#58     Apr 11, 2004
  9. Some people on this thread seem to forget that SAT scores have gone thru the roof over the past several years due to all of the "pre-SAT" courses that are availible for high school students to take.

There is no doubt that these courses are highly advantageous to those that can afford them. The key word being afford.Anyone who says otherwise is very naive.

#59     Apr 11, 2004

10. He probably is.

No.

Connections are important. I don't depend on any one. They usually feed off of me: my talent and ideas.

Yes, I base my art connections strategy on real life examples. Connections and school records can open doors but ultimately it is my work that makes me great.

Don't feel sorry for me.

I'll do many other things such as travel the world, sail around and sky dive. Many things. I'll read many books.

Stupid in your opinion. I don't think you understand.

No offense to you, but I think I know more about leadership than you'll ever know.

You should seriously reconsider who is the teacher and who is the student. I think you're confused about which role to play. I thank you for attempting to teach me, but maybe you should ask questions that you need answering. I
    know more than you think I know.

#60     Apr 11, 2004