How did your software hold up during fed announcment

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by myminitrading, Aug 7, 2007.

1. I had no problem with them. Made several trades during the frenzy

#11     Aug 7, 2007
  2. j1900q

j1900q

Agree, IB worked great,

#12     Aug 7, 2007
  3. gkadir

gkadir

Genesis Laser a total waste of time, its a piece of crap. Bad quotes, customer service in shambles..

#13     Aug 7, 2007
  4. notouch

notouch

IB was perfect today. Better than crap like DTN although if I was a heavy scalper I'd be using something like CQG.

#14     Aug 7, 2007
  5. Tradestation worked great. no hiccups in data and the trades executed as expected.

#15     Aug 8, 2007
  6. tnc$ddc

tnc$ddc

08-07-07 02:24 PM

Transact left my limit order pending never execute it!!!! I beginning to think they're really slow

They are slow!

I've done side-by-side comparisons with their AT platform, using J-Trader, Strategy Runner and X-Trader. Their AT platform consistantly lags in price data and order execution. It's a shame, because I really like the features of the platform. If they would improve their data feed and order execution, they would have one of the best platforms on the market today.

#16     Aug 8, 2007
  7. wucah

wucah

Sterling was pretty good, I was hitting the limit on my bandwith and Cpu time so I should think about upgrading both ASAP.

Before you complain on your software make sure you have the bandwith and CPU necessary some software hogs CPU which will slow your quotes and Esignal can use up bandwith like there is no tommorow on these spikes. Just because you have "6mb" dosn't mean alot unless its a business line with guaranteed throughoutput.

TP

#17     Aug 8, 2007