How did you trade the last 5 days?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by .sigma, Dec 6, 2019.

1. Overnight

Overnight

Er, you asked me the question? I thought you were prompting me on a specific instrument. I thought you were going to reveal some "golden instrument" for me to answer upon.

#21     Dec 6, 2019
  2. Just a small time amateur here, but my systems got me in and out of gold and silver miners when they dropped and bounced. Then I got in sp500, qqq,axp, and the like and caught (still in) that move. Sometimes things just work out. :)

Long calls only, but the moves are large percentages for ATM options.

#22     Dec 6, 2019
    .sigma and bone like this.
  3. Yes do it

#23     Dec 6, 2019
    bone likes this.
  4. bone

bone

Oh yaaasss, you’re one half a swing trader (long puts would complete your title - gotta swing both ways). :cool:

#24     Dec 6, 2019
    Option_Attack likes this.
  5. dozu888

dozu888

It has been established that Overnight is a terrible trader... stubborn like a mule and refuse to let go the one man thing... this one man is the reason we are up 60% since election day... the market wants go up regardless... up 20%+ since March 2018 when the trade war was started.. why are you still failing to see this... listening to too many songs... sigh.

#25     Dec 6, 2019
  6. bone

bone

So if he would start a subscription service that we could all fade - life would be grand :D

#26     Dec 6, 2019
    dozu888 likes this.
  7. wildchild

wildchild

I traded pretty well. I made a lot of money.

#27     Dec 6, 2019
    bone likes this.
  8. this is ridiculous this broker bone hijacked a thread that was about how did you do this week to dangle weird commonly known information about NATIVE spreads with an implied book depth at every futures exchange across the globe. now even funnier is how overnight for years acts like this comical losing or struggling trader to try and get more interest into bones 7000 dollar boondoggle into spread trading. natural gas has a native spread that trades over 100k lots per day crude also has some volume along with a 1x1 native crack spread. lots of the spreading is not to capture spread it is to eneter an outright position without an outright block order. they dump slowly the leg they are short because buying that half back puts pressure on the correlated long. none of this is rocket science and is easily found with a few googles and a little out of the box thinking. lastly spread trading is tylically done by true professionals with reams of data and understanding. it can blow up on you very easily and there are times you lose on both legs and fees are double! they are not the holy grail of trading. a skilled outright trader can run circles around the earnings of a spread trader. due to fees and guranteed fills. think of spreads as broad strokes and outright as laser precision.

#28     Dec 7, 2019
    comagnum likes this.
  9. Lol. the mkt is up not because of any trade deal that was a joke to begin with im not a trump hater. i voted for him and his recent behavior and tarriff threats are ridiculous. but the mkt always moves higher and faster during democrats and especially a democrat after a republican. it is not trump. the fed has been forced to act DUE to Trumps tarriffs which in itself is not free mkt economics but a global manipulation to prod cuts from the fed and liquidity injections. like botox it will eventually all get pissed out of the system.

#29     Dec 7, 2019
    comagnum likes this.
  10. I don't trade per se, I just manage risks. And I'm up 20k in last few days. I was down maybe 16k, probably less, in the sell off before that. Life is good.

#30     Dec 7, 2019